It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 12:13

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-1750K] Power issue
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2023, 02:30 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Hello my friends. I have a technical problem with the aforementioned player. I would like to contact a repair expert on Laserdisc players to try and solve the problem I have. Thanks a lot.
EDUARDO

Post subject: Re: Problem with Pioneer Model CLD-1750K player
PostPosted: 29 Oct 2023, 05:26 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Hi Eduardo,

Well, one of our regular contributors Kurtis Bahr does repairs on a regular basis and I'm sure he will chime in on this posting. However, why don't explain what the issue is and maybe we can advise if it might be an easy or complicated issue?

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2023, 14:04 
Third post and above
Third post and above

ldfan wrote:
Hi Eduardo,

Well, one of our regular contributors Kurtis Bahr does repairs on a regular basis and I'm sure he will chime in on this posting. However, why don't explain what the issue is and maybe we can advise if it might be an easy or complicated issue?

Thank you very much for such good news. The problem I have is the following: One day the small red "Stand-by" light near the on/off appeared off. I tried everything possible. Check connections to the power, try to turn the unit on and off, disconnecting from the wall for several minutes, connect back again, no luck. I left the unit connected and alas!! one day I discovered the small red light was on!! I tried the unit and it played several discs all successfully. Some time passed, a few days and then one night I was going to watch "Fantasía" Walt Disney's masterpiece with my deluxe laserdisc album, invited some friends and again, when everybody was seated and lights off, the unit had the small red light off!!!!!. We had to change plans and watch a Netflix movie!!. This is the problem I am having and I don't know what to do. A TV and electronic expert told me that this is one of the the hardest problems to solve because it is not permanent. I am in Colombia and so, I cannot take my unit to an American serviceman but perhaps he can help me with some advice to share with my technician here. Gentlemen: I appreciate so much for help. I love my Laserdisc and I still want to enjoy my 250 albums I have collected (including about 50 DiscoVision titles, some working and some not!!) ever since the Magnavision unit was introduced in Atlanta Georgia on December 15, 1978. Thank you very much. EDUARDO

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2023, 14:06 
Third post and above
Third post and above

By the way, my Pioneer CLD-750K was purchased brand new in November 1999. It has worked flawlessly ever since,

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2023, 18:20 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

If I had to make an educated guess, I would say you are probably having power supply issues with the unit since it doesn’t appear anything mechanical is affected when it does work correctly.

This machine was probably made around 1990 - 1991. If it was used pretty consistently all this time, capacitors are going to wear out or even cold solder joints are going to develop. I’m sure your technician would know something about this so maybe ask him/her what their thoughts are in respect to a possible re-capping or searching for loose solder connections.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]