It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:16

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-V2800] Can I use a GE Universal Remote?
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2023, 20:47 
Second post
Second post

I've recently picked up a Pioneer CLD-V2800 from a high school which didn't come with a barcode reader or a remote. I have been struggling to figure out if my GE CL5 Universal Remote can control the player and I've gotten no luck do far. Other forums have said that using Pioneer DVD remotes work, but I havn't found this to be the case yet.

Has anyone been able to connect a GE uni remote with the player?

Post subject: Re: [CLD-V2800] Can I use a GE Universal Remote?  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2023, 01:36 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

If it was a universal remote from the 80’s to early 2000’s, they would no doubt have LD player codes since it was a common device back then. Today, all current universal remotes are optimized for today’s product lines.

Your only real options are to find some of those old universal remotes (hopefully they include the code sheet and manual), get an original Pioneer LD remote (you don’t need the exact one for the player so you can find a good price for one), or get a Logitech learning remote that can download LD remote codes on their database.

Also, Pioneer DVD codes were completely different from the LD codes. I’m not even sure if the DVL players used DVD codes but I assume they did.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-V2800] Can I use a GE Universal Remote?
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2023, 15:56 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Another option for the remote is an Xsight Color, as you can program that yourself. I just programmed one for my CLD-3080 and it appears that the codes are pretty consistent for all Pioneer LD players from what I'm seeing. I do have the original remote for this player but want it integrated into my living room system and this sadly is a long discontinued product and still the easiest for me to work with, because nothing newer is as flexible.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]