It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:44

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-D701] Needed for parts maybe??
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2012, 06:22 
Ok, here is the story. I have five LD players, and have been helping this older lady out. I actually took my D701 over to her house so that we could watch some of my old LDs together. What a nice thing to do. We did see a few good films before the fall.

I went over last week to find that she had used the table that my 701 rig was on to hold her weight while she reached behind to plug something into the ac outlet. The table crashed and everything went directly to the floor. After the fall, my player would load a disc, and spin and play but with a slight noise coming from unit like disc was rubbing very slightly as it spun.

Then I brought it home and now it does not load discs quite right. It never gets into spinning mode. I opened it up and looked inside and the thing I noticed is that the small plastic board, the one in rear which the laser ribbon cable connects to is not attached but loose. This controls when and where the laser read and drive mech kick in.

So, since I still have the D704, and two Panasonic players LX 200 & LX 900) in perfect working order, this one must be given over to needed parts for someone.

I am in the Los Angeles area, and would take $25 for the unit "as is" for pick up, or $30 plus shipping to anyone in the cont. US. Very low millage on this player - which was working great until it dropped three feet to the floor.

I would also be willing to carefully remove the main board, laser, or any parts from this unit (for cheaper postage costs) as requested + $30.

I'd like to see someone's player come back to life with parts from this one. It was playing so nicely with every disc thrown at it.

Let me know via PM if you need any parts from this former beauty. We'll work something out.

Jeff

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]