It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:58

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pioneer CLD-R7G settings?
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2014, 22:56 
How do I make my personal settings on this laserdisc player?
My manual is in japanese, don't understand what it says.

On my remote, i hit the V-DNR 3D SELECT switch.
There are severeal adjustable bars.
How do I make my adjustments?
Can you please instruct me step by step for how to adjust each settings?

When I have done the adjustments, which button is the memory STORE button?
There are 3 different memory settings when done, don't know which button is the SAVE button?
Memory 1
Memory 2
Memory 3
SAVE

Anyone wanna share some useful input?
I apprechiate your feedback.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-R7G settings?
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2014, 23:06 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

You can pick a setting by pressing the V-DNR button. In order to customize the settings, turn the shuttle clockwise and you'll have YNR (luma), CNR (chroma), 3D Y/C (comb filter) and sharpness. Use the shuttle to switch between the settings. When you want to adjust the settings, activade the jog by pressing "Jog mode" on your remote (a red dot will light up). Turn the jog 360 degrees clockwise to set anything higher or counter clockwise to set anything lower. When you're done, press "V-DNR" again and then you can choose which memory to use. You select it by turning the job 360 degrees and press V-DNR again. If you choose don't save (or none, can't remember what it's called), it won't save the settings but it will be in use until you choose any other setting.

These are my preffered settings.

Y-NR: 2 (out of nine)
C-NR; 5
3D Y/c: 5
Sharpness: 0

For animated film with stronger noise, I sometimes set Y-NR to 4. Experiment it with and see what suits you the best. If you turn off your player, the settings will be saved as long as it's in standby mode. If you unplug the player (recommended if you're using a step down converter) the saved settings will be gone.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2014, 23:44 
thanks for your help bro.

I tried to do what you just described, my problem was how to store my custom settings.
now i know how to do it.
thanks

when i don't use my player i always unplug it from the outlet, the stepdown converter will eventually crash n burn if i often use it.
luckily i don't watch movies very often.

thanks for your help

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2014, 00:33 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

Your stepdown converter won't burn if you're using it often (I've used a 200W step down converter for my amplifier daily for nearly five years with no issues) unless you overload it but I don't recommend it being plugged in when you're not using it.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2014, 12:12 
i have a Tacima UK 300VA step down converter, it has 2 outlets.
this is a heavy HQ part.
when laserdisc is not in use i disconnect my Tacima from my outlet for safe reasons.
I don't want to experiance same problems the other guy on this forum had when he had a power failiure @ home and some component burned in his player.
when not in use best thing to do is to disconnect everything

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2024, 18:15 
True fan
True fan

nissling wrote:
You can pick a setting by pressing the V-DNR button. In order to customize the settings, turn the shuttle clockwise and you'll have YNR (luma), CNR (chroma), 3D Y/C (comb filter) and sharpness. Use the shuttle to switch between the settings. When you want to adjust the settings, activade the jog by pressing "Jog mode" on your remote (a red dot will light up). Turn the jog 360 degrees clockwise to set anything higher or counter clockwise to set anything lower. When you're done, press "V-DNR" again and then you can choose which memory to use. You select it by turning the job 360 degrees and press V-DNR again. If you choose don't save (or none, can't remember what it's called), it won't save the settings but it will be in use until you choose any other setting.

These are my preffered settings.

Y-NR: 2 (out of nine)
C-NR; 5
3D Y/c: 5
Sharpness: 0

For animated film with stronger noise, I sometimes set Y-NR to 4. Experiment it with and see what suits you the best. If you turn off your player, the settings will be saved as long as it's in standby mode. If you unplug the player (recommended if you're using a step down converter) the saved settings will be gone.

Would you all recommend these settings for my cld-99? I just got a remote in a cu-cld 108 remote that seems to be completely compatible with my cld-99 despite not being the original remote.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2024, 21:25 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I’ve never owned a CLD-99 therefore I’m not familiar with its onscreen menu options unfortunately, I have on the other hand possessed a CLD-R7G but I would doubt the settings suggested for this would be automatically applicable. Indeed they might not even be the best for every R7G around due to performance variations from model to model, there’s no harm giving them a try of course but have a play with the settings on your player and see what suits your personal taste best - every time you power the player completely off at the mains supply switch/plug it should default to the factory settings when powering on anyway so no chance of you losing the original settings.
JVC DLA-X7000BE
Lumagen Radiance 2144

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]