It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:03

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Issue with my Pioneer CLD-2090
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014, 04:00 
Ok, first off new guy alert. ;)

I did post my introduction in the appropriate area and just wanted to expand on the issue I am having with hopes that someone may be able to help me out.

A few months ago I went to use my CLD-2090 player and powered in on. The unit turned on, but the normal initialization noises where absent and the tray would not open (or anything for that matter).

I can tell you what it is not doing and that is the initial initializing that it does at power up. I know the head is suppose to move out a bit and back home, that is not happening. I did check the transport screw switch to see if it is functioning correctly and it seems to be. The assembly seems to move freely when I move it by hand (in/out/rotation). I also reseated the ribbon cables and seem to have power (+14v and -14v) on the little PCB mounted to the back of the case near the top.

The mode switches (the 3 under the tray) seem to be operating normally as does the laser assembly home switch as well as the head rotation switch (checked with an ohm meter that they open and close).

Not sure if there is voltage going to the motor on the laser unit as I didn't trace it back to the main board where it would be easy to measure, so I thought I would ask if anyone has suggestions or access to a schematic?

I understand the RCA LDR-600 is basically the same unit but without the job dial - or if there is another model that I can use the schematic from would also be nice.

For the record, I use to work as a consumer electronics tech, but haven't really touched the inside of a laser disc before. I left the consumer market (for industrial and now working in research) just after LD came onto the market so I didn't really learn anything specific about them.

Post subject: Re: Issue with my Pioneer CLD-2090
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 17:09 
No one? :(

Ok, what other players use the "Alpha Turn" mechanical or perhaps a similar chassis? Perhaps their diagrams would be of some use...

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 18:51 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Is this you? http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?p=297060

The first step would be to track down the service manual. There don't seem to be any free ones on the net at the moment, but I've purchased manuals here before: http://www.manualsparadise.com/service-repair-manuals/Pioneer/CLD-2090-CLD2090/RWSPFM-21987231-1 and can verify that they do deliver. $5 sounds pretty reasonable.

As for the specifics of troubleshooting, hopefully kbahr or grasshopper can jump in and help you out. It sounds like you've covered the obvious already. Can you manually eject the tray and see if that gets the player to reset itself?

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 21:27 
True fan
True fan

Let me pull out all the Tech Bulletins on the 2090/3090 as they are almost identical except the 3090 has Digital TBC and the 2090 is analog TBC and 3090 differ trick Play and digital and Ram memory vs 2090. Also digital 3 line Filter in the 3090 vs analog in the 2090.(Just a quick run down)

As for the problem I will dig through my Pioneer Tech bulletins based off the INOP. You described when I get home.

Duane

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2014, 20:43 
gumbyandpals wrote:
Is this you? http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?p=297060

The first step would be to track down the service manual. There don't seem to be any free ones on the net at the moment, but I've purchased manuals here before: http://www.manualsparadise.com/service-repair-manuals/Pioneer/CLD-2090-CLD2090/RWSPFM-21987231-1 and can verify that they do deliver. $5 sounds pretty reasonable.

As for the specifics of troubleshooting, hopefully kbahr or grasshopper can jump in and help you out. It sounds like you've covered the obvious already. Can you manually eject the tray and see if that gets the player to reset itself?

Ok, thanks - I have considered buying a manual, just not so sure about those download places. I did buy a manual once way back and it was garbage as it was nearly impossible to read as it was scanned at such a low resolution.

That being said, yes that is me on eservice as well.

Manually ejecting the tray doesn't do anything, at one point it did move back in - but it no longer does this. Which makes me think it has a bad switch someplace, but I checked what I could find and they all seem to be working fine.

grasshopper wrote:
Let me pull out all the Tech Bulletins on the 2090/3090 as they are almost identical except the 3090 has Digital TBC and the 2090 is analog TBC and 3090 differ trick Play and digital and Ram memory vs 2090. Also digital 3 line Filter in the 3090 vs analog in the 2090.(Just a quick run down)

As for the problem I will dig through my Pioneer Tech bulletins based off the INOP. You described when I get home.

Duane

Appreciate any help, but I have a feeling that the PD0081E "processor" is at fault. I don't seem to be getting drive signal (at least on the lines come off the processor to the driver) into the LA6510 motor driver (drives both the head and mode motors, at least it looks like in 1 direction). I did verify that each motor does work, but this was a direct connection to each motor - did not try an inject a signal into the LA6510.

Although there seems to also be a CXA1081S which seems to be some sort of servo driver from what I can find on the net, but no one seems to have a data sheet.

...of course these IC's are obsolete (the LA6510 is listed of eBay though, but not convinced that one is the problem). :(

edit - ok, finally was able to get my grubby hands on the manual...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]