It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:44

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-V850] Keeps ejecting - any solutions?
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2015, 03:40 
Hey guys. I just picked up this player in decent condition at Goodwill for $5. Figured I would play with it for a while until I get a better one. Unfortunately as soon as I turn it on I hear it a buzzing/humming noise and it eventually just ejects. Obviously the same happens when I then put a disc in and close the tray; it closes, then hums/buzzes for 5-6 seconds, then ejects.

What might I be able to do to fix it and how difficult would it be? I've never opened an LD player before. Thanks!

EDIT:
I opened it up and watched the problem happen; it looks like the motor isn't spinning at all. Doesn't look very dusty inside at all really. Tested CDs and LDs and it just starts humming but doesn't seem to get spinning.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jan 2015, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: CLD-V850 keeps ejecting - any solutions?
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2015, 04:03 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

The V850 is based on the 503/70x mech, so you can search on issues on those. Loading belts and the rubber grip ring are leading causes.

This sounds similar and has some advice from Kurtis, who knows way more than me, especially on this player class: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/18-dvd-players-standard-def/1237419-cld-d703-laserdisc-problem.html

Once you get it working, it'll be a very nice player as long as you've got something with a good comb filter to feed it to. The V850 unlike the others in this series is pure composite.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2015, 04:14 
happycube wrote:
The V850 is based on the 503/70x mech, so you can search on issues on those. Loading belts and the rubber grip ring are leading causes.

This sounds similar and has some advice from Kurtis, who knows way more than me, especially on this player class: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/18-dvd-players-standard-def/1237419-cld-d703-laserdisc-problem.html

Once you get it working, it'll be a very nice player as long as you've got something with a good comb filter to feed it to. The V850 unlike the others in this series is pure composite.

Thanks for the response, I'll check that stuff out. Since I'm totally new to this I may have some trouble pinpointing the problem myself.

I made a short video of the issue with the top off, maybe someone can tell what's going on. Sorry for the shoddy camerawork - I was trying to operate the player with a phone in one hand and a flashlight in the other.

http://youtu.be/X5NpgiqhYEk

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 00:07 
Guess I'll just bring this one back; I can't figure it out so I'll just keep a look out for another.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 00:27 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

When you have the top off put in a ld when when the mechanism starts up use you hand and help it come up. If that works you need a new loading belt.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2015, 17:41 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

IMO it's worth $5 as a parts machine/donor for a 703-type machine easily, even if you can't get it to work.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]