It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:24

Page 3 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: CLD-D504 trouble
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015, 22:33 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

There actually were some LDs released in Denmark. There were also two karaoke LDs with Swedish songs released there as well and was imported by Pioneer Sweden. I actually think I've seen one of them being played at a party back in 2000 or so.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2015, 01:08 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Wow! A Danish LD! That was quite interesting to know! And according the comments on the Linie 3 release i just found, it states that this was the only Danish LD ever released. And that it was released just because one of the actors where a big LD fan. Definitely a little interesting piece of LD history, especially if you are from Scandinavia. Same thing with those karaoke releases, although I'm not a karaoke fan, just interested in the history of it. :)

But that's enough off topic for now. I will come back later as soon as my new belt turns up.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2015, 21:08 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

To add something to the off topic, I can't say for sure if Laserdisc was officially released in Norway. It is, and was, a niche format. I guess people with a higher income knew about it and could afford this format. I didn't know anything about the format until ten years ago, so for me VHS was the ultimate home video entertainment.
I think getting parts isn't easy as well in Norway. I haven't contacted Pioneer, but cpix has been in contact and got parts he needed. Probably a coincidence that they had the parts in stock.
Looking forward to news about the status of the player. :)

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2015, 20:07 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Today the new belt finally arrived! Installed it a couple of hours ago and... It works! Finally it works! :P And yes, it has really been a long, cumbersome, hard road, but at the same time quite fun and educating! And that is of course a big :thumbup:

So now i just want to thank all of you guys! Because without your tremendous help i would probably never have been able to get this thing going again! So now i can finally start to enjoy my still small, but great LD collection. And i already have, by just watching Mortal Kombat! ;) It played nice and smooth all the way through, without a single glitch!

So once again thank you all for your amazing help! :thumbup: :clap:

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 18:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Great news, I'm really glad it did end the positive way for you! :thumbup:

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 08:47 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I can confirm the scq 3.6 belt as a winner. I've been suffering from an increasing frequency of U1 errors on my CLD-D406. After researching here I bought an scq 4.0 belt. That did not seem to work as I had hoped. Certainly not the fix I was hoping for. While it was the same diameter as what came out of the player, it seemed to not have the tension necessary to engage the mechanics. I thought a smaller diameter would be a good idea.

After now reading this post about the smaller scq 3.6 belt I ordered one and have been very pleased. It took a few insert/eject exercise passes with a disc loaded to be reliable but now it seems solid. I'm very happy now. Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 18:37 
True fan
True fan

laserpaal wrote:
To add something to the off topic, I can't say for sure if Laserdisc was officially released in Norway. It is, and was, a niche format. I guess people with a higher income knew about it and could afford this format. I didn't know anything about the format until ten years ago, so for me VHS was the ultimate home video entertainment.
I think getting parts isn't easy as well in Norway. I haven't contacted Pioneer, but cpix has been in contact and got parts he needed. Probably a coincidence that they had the parts in stock.

They ordered the parts i needed from Japan ;)

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 21:16 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

cpix wrote:
laserpaal wrote:

:thumbup: Did you physically consult with Pioneer Norge or did you make a phone call and got the parts sent straight to you? I thought they wouldn't order parts for consumers, unless you are an official repair service technician.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 11:13 
True fan
True fan

laserpaal wrote:
cpix wrote:
laserpaal wrote:

:thumbup: Did you physically consult with Pioneer Norge or did you make a phone call and got the parts sent straight to you? I thought they wouldn't order parts for consumers, unless you are an official repair service technician.

I have a contact person in one of the norwegian pioneer service centers which i contact by email. They order the part and ships it to me when they get it, quite easy :) Doesn't even have to pay any service fee, i only pay for the part and the shipping :) I also heard that they wouldn't order parts for consumers, but that's not the case with the norwegian office at least.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 12:49 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

You are very lucky to have such a contact inside the company. Are you sure your contact person isn't a mole, breaches with the policy of Pioneer regarding parts for consumers? :P

Page 3 of 3 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3