It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 01:17

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-V2600] Tracking Issue
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018, 02:02 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hello out there. I recently got very lucky and was able to pick up a brand new Pioneer CLD-V2600 for about 200 dollars. It looks to have never been used other than the installation of an asset tag for the place where it sat in the box on a shelf for fifteen years. It was still in the original bag along with all of its accessories like the barcode reader. It even has that new 1990s electronics smell when I run it. I was very excited since both of my other laserdisc players have output issues. My LX1000U has severe tracking issues on both sides A and B. My D406 has chroma issues where the output goes extremely dark randomly in addition to tracking issues on side B.

Unfortunately, the V2600 has rapidly developed what I believe to be a tracking problem. The first few discs played back fine, but after about six hours of use it began to show crosstalk and have crackling in the audio around 20 minutes into a CLV side. By 30-40 minutes, it gets pretty bad. Each disc seems to be worse than the last, so I don't think it's rot. I've not watched any discs that are a full 60 minutes to a side, but I assume by that point tracking would fail entirely based on the progression I'm seeing. It didn't do this when I first used the player.

1) I'm wondering if there is a tracking adjustment for this series of player that is known.
2) Could it alternatively need re-capped? I remember stories about scads of counterfeit or poorly manufactured electrolytic capacitors on computer motherboards in the late 90s and early 2000s. Presumably they made their way into other electronics as well.
3) Could a bad grip ring cause tracking issues or does that only cause slow load/unload performance?
LX-1000U (1990)
Samsung PN51F5300 Plasma HDTV (2013)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]