It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:33

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pioneer CLD515 - Lithium Grease...where?
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 14:06 
Been reading a few posts on here with people recommending white lithium grease and a replacements rubber band to sort this player. I have an issue where one side is incredibly loud so thought this would do the trick.

However I've opened it up and can see loads of gears round the tray etc. but none of them touch anything metal. What am I supposed to spray? :crazy:

I can see the rubber band in the bottom right of the image above but getting to it is another question :lolno:

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD515 - Lithium Grease...where?
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 16:46 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Easier to locate and replace the belt once the tray is removed. You can do this by ejecting the tray and let it stay ejected and then pull the power plug.
On both sides of the tray there are some plastic tabs you can bend inwards and then simultaneously pull the tray away.
I'm not sure if grease will cure the noise you are experiencing, but grease in particular won't hurt as by now the already applied grease would be gummed up.
The only metal that should be greased is the guide rods, the lower and the upper, which means you have to disassemble some more components. For the cogs and plastics, I would pay attention to which moving parts are involved and then apply a tiny amount of grease there.
Could be some chassis related or misaligned parts, warped discs, if it plays loud.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 16:54 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

i recommend using LUCAS WHITE LITHIUM in the squeeze tube from THE HOME DEPOT.

work a small bead into each of the gears' tooth work, right where each gear meets another,
as many as you can reach. if it is hard to get to them, dab a bead onto a flat blade precision screwdriver,
and reach that in to apply the grease.

also try applying LIGHT ALL-PURPOSE/HOUSEHOLD OIL to the LASER PICK-UP's guide rails.

OPEN CLOSE the tray and LOAD/PLAY a disc, FF/CH. SEARCH from front to back of a side.

repeat all this about ten times or so, and all the lube should be well distributed/worked into everything you will want it to be,
and your player should be working at least as good as new...

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 23:15 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Yikes, I wouldn't put that much on.
Just a very light film of the grease, ask Duane or Kurtis.
If you put too much you are asking for trouble. why?? I don't know but I know you are asking for trouble from what I've read in the past.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2015, 17:34 
laserpaal wrote:
Could be some chassis related or misaligned parts, warped discs, if it plays loud.

It's def not warped discs as the noise only ever happens when it plays side B. I greased the rods and plastic bits inside couldn't see any gummed up grease or any at all. It still kept making the noise so I unscrewed the top bar which held the plastic with spindle in and cleaned all of that with compressed air including the ball bearings but made no difference. :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]