It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:16

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-1950] Problems seeking tracks
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 13:01 
Hello all,

I just bought this off eBay and it seems to work quite well and is in good cosmetic condition.

However, as the title of the post implies, I'm having problems skipping through the chapters, especially later on in the disc when it is spinning slower, either taking ages to find the chapter or not finding it at all and jumping to some random point.

I may be getting some crosstalk too but I'm not sure if it's that or just the picture quality looking poor on my large HD LED TVs.

I have searched the forum, and suspect this might be something to do with the tilt sensor, but I'm not sure how to deal with that without sp finalist equipment.

I've already opened the unit up and (carefully) cleaned the lens and the spindle but this hasn't made any difference.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-1950 problems seeking tracks  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 19:58 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Does it do the same thing with CD playback?

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-1950 problems seeking tracks
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 20:45 
I've just tried a couple of CDs and they seem to seek okay. A bit sluggish finding the track once or twice but otherwise no problem.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 23:14 
Serious fan
Serious fan

Adjusting the tilt sensor can be done without the proper test bed equipment buts its a bit hit and miss. Essentially what you are doing is changing the angle of the laser mechanism in relation to the disc. Its easier to judge on a dual sided player because you can see the top half of the laser mechanism and judge its angle against a disc. For a single sided player this is harder to judge. My advise is to make note of the starting position and make adjustments in 1/8 turn intervals. If it gets worse simply turn it back and no harm done.

Unfortunately I cannot find a service manual for your player to tell you which pot to tweak but it should be labelled on the circuit board.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 23:32 
Thanks.

I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.

Nick

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 21:19 
Thanks very much guys! Found the adjustment pot and tweaked it a bit and it's fixed. Still a bit of crosstalk present but can't see that from across the room so I'm happy.

Nick

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]