It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:04

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bizarre Issue CLD-515
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2016, 23:09 
Hi everyone,

Long time LDDB reader, just registered (trying to keep my forum accounts under control)

I have a Pioneer CLD-515 which I call my dirty player (daily use), its been in the family from new so has some sentimental value and has always worked faultlessly until a few months back.

Recently when I press the LD eject button the CD drawer ejects instead, it will do this several time before actually ejecting the LD drawer (pressing the CD eject just ejects the CD drawer also)

When I finally get a LD into the machine it doesn't spin up, merely ejects the disc straight away, then if I close the drawer again it spins up and begins to play faultlessly.

I'm what you would would call technically competent but I have zero experience opening up or doing anything technical to LD players so go easy ;)

Many thanks in advance, Meek.

Post subject: Re: Bizarre Issue CLD-515  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2016, 16:43 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Hi!

Wouldn't hurt replacing the loading belt. This is a generic belt, number SCQ 3.6, I believe.
Might even be some sticky residue that prevents the bigger tray of the two, from ejecting.
We have all been calf when it comes to laserdisc players, but they aren't that hard to work on.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]