It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:21

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-V720] Having trouble reading the odd disc?
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 07:13 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Hello all, newly back into the laserdisc world, and started with a Pioneer CLD-V720, which I picked up at the local pawn shop. It will play almost every disc I throw in (have about 25 discs at the moment), but on a couple of discs it takes a few reseatings to actually start playing. On most discs they go no problem. One disc though won't play at all though. Now I also picked up a CLD 1080, that i got from a guy who was the original owner and barely used it all these years, so his description of "like new" was spot on, now that unit will play everything no problem, including my most problematic disc.

So basically, I'm thinking that the V720 likely got a ton of use, as its a karaoke machine as well, and sat in the pawn shop for god knows how long, and may need a lens cleaning. Just want to confirm with anyone else who may have any special knowledge of this machine, and anything else I might look for that might be causing this kind of issue?

Update: cleaning the lens appears to have rectified the "intermittent" play issue. No problems now with reading the discs on first loading. (The one disc that won't play in this player still won't play, but I did notice what looks to be slight warp when I tried to spin it up in the machine after the cleaning and before putting the cover back on, so will try the press method to fix it)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]