It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:10

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: CLD 3090 works if I open door manually
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2016, 18:42 
Hi All - the title pretty much sums it up. Picked up a 3090 cheap, it will only open/eject if I manually open the front door. Then it's fine, but I'd like to fix this issue. Anyone know what this might be, or if not, if there's a service manual out there?

Much appreciated, thanks. I have a couple of laserdiscs, SW Trilogy, Alien / Aliens boxed sets - that I would love to play again.

Post subject: Re: CLD 3090 works if I open door manually  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2016, 22:55 
Honest fan
Honest fan

For what it is worth, I have never seen any mention of servicing anything other than electrical alignment in any Pioneer service manual that I have come across. I doubt a service manual would mention anything other than gear alignment to reinstall a removed drawer, and that would about cover it regarding the loading mechanism. You will not even receive any information regarding the type of grease that was used in the loading mechanism or anywhere inside the player...just electronic adjustments, exploded views, parts numbers and schematics...period!

Most people say to remove old grease on the loading mechanism and install new. I can say that this and new rubber loading belts do indeed fix problems of this kind, not to mention cleaning the laser pickup and rails for good measure. Other than that it is purely a mechanical problem with drawers, springs and other sliding bits. Good luck!

Post subject: Re: CLD 3090 works if I open door manually
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2016, 01:32 
It was just the belt - wiggling it a little and the mechanism operates fine.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]