It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:28

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Problems with Pioneer CLD-M460
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 04:08 
I'm hoping someone can help me with this...and that I can describe the problem accurately.

I have the Pioneer CLD-M460 multi-player and have tried to play both LDs and CD's. When I load an LD, the tray retracts, the disc spins and the laser goes from the center to the rim and then back to the center and then the tray automatically opens. It seems like the disc did not get read at all...just rejected out of principal.

When I load a CD in one of the 5 slots, the tray retracts and the top spindle moves to the disc, depresses and then retracts without the disc. I assume that the top spindle is supposed to move the disc to the center of the tray. It does not do this.

If I load a CD in the center of the tray (not in one of the numbered slots but in the middle), the tray retracts and the laser moves from center to rim of the CD and back but the tray doesn't eject (like with the LD). The CD doesn't play and the system locks up until I open the tray.

I'm not familiar with LDs and it seemed like the spin-down took a long time so I replaced the rubber ring in case it was slipping. This did not solve the problem.

I can't find any solutions so I'm hoping someone can help. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]