It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:26

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: No More Power - CLD 2850
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2016, 13:02 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

So I've been using my Pioneer on and off at least once a week for the last 3 months since purchase and yesterday noticed the standby light had gone off. After checking and changing the 13amp fuse in my UK 3 pin plug I still had no joy :( The unit is powerless.

I'm sure this must be just a blown part on the board, but have no technical expertise. Is there anyone that can offer a repair in the south-east of England? I'm based in Bracknell Berkshire.

I've email;ed the last remaining 3 Pioneer service centres in the London, Oxfordshire area. So far looking at a non refundable £70 to quote without guarantee they will be able to fix due to lack of parts.

Post subject: Re: No More Power - CLD 2850
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2016, 01:49 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Hi,

a 13 amp plug fuse is much higher than recommended but would give you a circuit if the plug (fuse) was the issue. Never had a correctly rated plug fuse blow with an LD player but I am perhaps a bit paranoid & would not fit such a highly rated fuse in the units plug though.

Have you checked the players internal fuse?..... sorry if stating the obvious btw!!! They only cost a few pence each & are easy to check/fit. I had a 909 or 919 years ago that kept blowing internal fuses. It was apparently fitted with a "surge protector" that was faulty. A chap that knew a bit more than me on that front disconnected or removed the bit & the unit ran faultlessly after that but I am not sure if the 2850 had a similar part fitted or not.

Good luck & hope you are spinning your big discs on it again soon.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]