It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:32

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-D505] Error E0
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2016, 22:44 
I've had a CLD-D505 laser disc player for a long time, probably about 20 years now. It stopped working a long time ago and I'm trying to get it working again. It's showing the E0 error when I plug it in on the front screen. It won't open the trays or anything. I was able to move the wheel and open the VCD tray but not the big tray. then I moved the wheel all the way the other way moving the laser into position to play and now the it seems to have hit a point it won't let the move the laser out of this position.

Post subject: Re: CLD-D505 error E0
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2016, 23:06 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The motor holder for these units commonly break, it was upgraded for the DVL units to a different plastic and is not a brittle so it does not break easy like the original one. This is the usual issue but would have to see the unit to verify.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2016, 23:23 
I was turning it the wrong way, so I got it retracted but it is on VCD eject mode. I'm not sure how to switch it to eject the main tray.

Looking at the video from dewdude, there is a white nylon part that seems to determine which tray ejects. Mine is in the VCD setting and his is in the main tray settings. so I need to figure out how to move that part to the other settings.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 00:03 
I found the primary issue seemed to be the carriage assemble (laser) got stuck on the rod. I got it loose but it broke part M Holder in the process. So now I need a new M Holder. So where can I get a M Holder or a 3D file for the M Holder. I have a 3D printer.

to Note, I got the service manual for the LD player but it's all electical technical stuff. It was also the service manual for the CLD-D605. There is a parts manual for the CLD-D604 and it seems to be the same layout for the parts.

I may have to attempt to model out this M Holder Part.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016, 17:27 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

For what you need the 604 manual will work. The upgraded part is in the DVL manuals, just look at the LD pickup.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2016, 22:24 
replaced the M-Holder and the belt and it's working again. yay. I used super lube on all the gear tracks to make sure it would not have issues with moving parts. Now I just need to find the remote or find a way to program a remote with the codes.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2020, 01:34 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I just ordered four LaserDisc player belts from eBay for $10 last night. My CLD-D505 got an E3 after finishing off side 4 of the 1997 Mary Poppins LD [9871 AS], see? But I also got an E0 when I turned it back on.

Anyway, I tried spinning the belt to eject the LD tray, but the CD tray ejects instead. How do I get the big tray to open?

Plus, I think it must be the M-holder, but I can't find it inside the player anywhere.

Could anyone circle the faulty parts that need mending? Just take a gander at these pictures.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2020, 22:33 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Take a look at these posts:
[CLD-D515] Motor will not move
[CLD-515] Help to replace belt - Cannot open tray

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]