It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:49

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-52]
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 03:54 
Third post and above
Third post and above

I'm having an issue with a Pioneer CLD 52 that I purchased several years ago. It appears that the glue that attaches the laser card assy (the circuit board which the laser ribbon cable and the cable to motherboard plug into) to the side change mechanism has dried out, and that plastic piece is no longer able to stay in place.

Does anyone know what glue that Pioneer used? Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD 52
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 04:09 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Never heard of glue being used for anything involving the connection of a board.

Can you post a pic showing the issue you have?

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 04:15 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I agree. Glue doesn’t sound right. Pioneer wasn’t big on permanent installment methods.

But then I’ve never seen inside this player, neither did I know a CLD-52 even existed. It has “Elite” written on it but...it don’t look so L337 to me personally...

https://youtu.be/b3O-vHpHRpM

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 04:45 
Third post and above
Third post and above

I'm trying to upload a picture I took with my phone, but I get an error message saying the file is too large.

The CLD 52 is essentially a CLD D501 with an Elite faceplate. It's in the same transport family as the 2090/3090/501/701/502/702.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 04:48 
Third post and above
Third post and above

ldfan wrote:
Never heard of glue being used for anything involving the connection of a board.

Can you post a pic showing the issue you have?

Let me explain it a little better. There is a thin square circle board which has two connectors, one for the ribbon cable from the optics, and the other for the ribbon cable to the mother board. This circuit board is held in place by a square piece of plastic, which in turn should be held in place at the turn mechanism.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 05:41 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

laserwiz wrote:
I'm trying to upload a picture I took with my phone, but I get an error message saying the file is too large.

The CLD 52 is essentially a CLD D501 with an Elite faceplate. It's in the same transport family as the 2090/3090/501/701/502/702.

Interesting. I wonder when this one came out and if they were selling more than one Elite at a time. I see it has what looks like the CLD-959 abbreviated side plates on it but are they Elite wood? Is the chassis copper? All the other Elites I've seen have had full wood sides, LD-S2, CLD-99, CLD-79, whatever that DVL one was, regardless of year.

My friend got an Elite car stereo head unit once. The same exact product was also for sale at the time non-Elite and the only different was the warrantee. This was like 2003 so pretty much the end of real Pioneer by then...

Sorry, I have no answer to your question but if it was glued originally then the best thing to put it back would be a slow cure two part epoxy or a CA glue but epoxy is more trustworthy. JB Weld is fine.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 05:48 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

do you mean to say the 79 has wooden sides? because mine does not and only the LDS-1 that I have does.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 06:38 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I think I understand now....

I'm trying to recall a 702 that I just acquired that has a collapsed board that I assume is the same as yours located on the turn mechanism. I haven't had a chance to to see how this section is assembled but I think if you were to take the back panel off (the whole section where the AV jacks and AC cord attaches to) it would provide a better view of how the plastic pieces attach to the metal turnstile.

I have a feeling it can't just simply be glue. It must have some kind of locking mechanics that slides the plastic into the metal.

xtempo wrote:
do you mean to say the 79 has wooden sides? because mine does not and only the LDS-1 that I have does.

The CLD-79 never had wood panels.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 21:35 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

xtempo wrote:

Sorry, I meant to say 97. I Googled 79 and it’s similarly half L337 like the 52. I guess Pioneer made a lot of players...

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 00:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

laserwiz wrote:
I'm having an issue with a Pioneer CLD 52 that I purchased several years ago. It appears that the glue that attaches the laser card assy (the circuit board which the laser ribbon cable and the cable to motherboard plug into) to the side change mechanism has dried out, and that plastic piece is no longer able to stay in place.

If there is glue then someone broke the mounting tabs, sounds like you need a plastic glue gun or buy foam pads that are sticky on both sides.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 03:01 
Jedi Candidate
Jedi Candidate

signofzeta wrote:
xtempo wrote:

Sorry, I meant to say 97. I Googled 79 and it’s similarly half L337 like the 52. I guess Pioneer made a lot of players...

I knew what you meant the more reference quality players which I hope one day to get an LDS2 but I'll enjoy my 1 while I have it.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 03:54 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

krbahr wrote:
laserwiz wrote:

If there is glue then someone broke the mounting tabs, sounds like you need a plastic glue gun or buy foam pads that are sticky on both sides.

I've even used silicon glue or caulking on electronics.
Just a little dab and it will hold in place, for loose stuff like this sounds.
Hot glue gun would work and harden right away, other stuff would take time to dry.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2019, 01:47 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Thanks for the advice. I was able to swap in another Tilt base upper assy from a parts machine I had.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]