It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:31

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: [CLD-200K] Laserdisc Playback Issues
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 22:28 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Ok. Now we are getting somewhere.

Any button at this point that feels stuck can affect any operation. Probably just need to adjust the front panel to free up the buttons I would think. If you can remove the entire front piece facade and test the operation with it removed, it will help to determine if your issues go away (it’s held in place with usually a couple of screws and tabs all around the facade that you can access after removing the top cover). Just be careful and take your time getting it off as there can be wires attached to the facade on some models.

As for re-soldering a connection, let’s not jump the gun to assume that. First thing is to test all those buttons to see if they function without the facade in place. If all the buttons work, you don’t need to solder. However, you do need to check the plastic buttons on the interior part of the facade for things like broken parts and grimy particles that are affecting their movement and clean them out.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-200K] Laserdisc Playback Issues
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2022, 14:43 
First post
First post

Not sure if OP found a solution.

I have the same model and the SAME exact issue. Single play light is constantly on, and when pressed it flickers off then comes back on. Same issue with the Normal/Karaoke/AUX Input slider doing nothing.

Anyway, after spending $5 on a Service Manual download, it did not produce any positive results.

Well, before today, I remember there was only ONE time, I kept clicking the Single Play button and it went off! And that solved the problem. But after power off, the light came back again.

Today, I got the Single Play light off again! The trick is to click it really fast, I think the button is clicking it off then when you let go it turns it back on again.

Yea, just tried again to power off and the Single Play light is back on. And I used to fast click method again, after 3 tries it worked.

That's the short term solution I guess.

Now, if someone can shed light on why Single Play comes on automatically after power off and on, it'd be greatly appreciated!

OP, let me know if you still have the issue and if fast click works for you.

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2