It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 10:32

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-860] Some technical advice
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2018, 07:43 
Second post
Second post

Howdy fellow users of Laserdisc. I recently came across a long-wanted laserdisc player in my electronics recycling shop and was so excited to take it home with a pricetag of $7, I figured what do I have to lose. I've been messing around and tinkering with this guy for a bit, it came to me without being able to open the whole tray, just the CD tray. After opening it, it seemed the frame was bent, so after bending it back with some force, the laser mechanism would not rise on it's own full height, I imagined there was a gear with some missing teeth or something along those lines. The tray is rather large and obstructs most of my view, so I can't quite see what's going on. However while working on it this evening I moved the player around while it was closing and it--well it just died. No power to standby LED, nothin' The one fuse I can see is OK, and continuity tests tell me it's fine. So the idiot I am decided well, I might as well close the tray and see what I can do. Well, I pushed the tray back to it's home position annnnnnd it's stuck there. I know there's some locking mechanism, but I can't seem to un-do it. I have a dead board with a locked tray. Some searching has talked about tabs and stuff, but I can't quite see anything that would dislodge this guy. Of course now I found you guys and the service manual I can remove the tray to check operations, but only after i gone and gunked it up. I'm oping to get the tray working, with some manual assistance I was able to load a laserdisc and would you believe it it plays discs without a problem, both formats! So I'm guessing now I just need to fix the power, whatever rises and lowers the laser assembly, and she'll be good as (almost) new.

Anyhow, long story short, does anybody know how I can manually unlock and pull out the tray on my Pioneer CLD-v860?

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-860 Some technical advice
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2018, 21:53 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Seems like you will have to search up and find out.
I have read about people turning the gears by hand to get trays in or out with power off but you must do this at your own risk.

There are also tabs on some players to get the trays out but then you must make sure everything lines up before you put it back together.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-V860 Some technical advice
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2018, 05:39 
Second post
Second post

Well, i've found some answers, and even more questions. After looking around some, it turns out there is a belt-driven pulley that would unlock the system and allow me to roll out the tray, after some searching it seems this is the most common solution. Now on to the interesting part.

While moving the system , the standby light went out in the front panel, and i've not been able to get it to turn back on. All ribbon cable connections are solid and I didn't think anything was wrong there. After pulling out the tray I started looking over the power supply and at first glance, checked the main fuse, it tested good so no issues there. I then started digging through the schematics provided by the service manuals, and found two much smaller fuses, IC1 and IC2. Upon testing IC1, it appears to have blown, and does not show continuity across . After some messing around I managed to de-solder IC1 and replace it with a jumper. Still no luck. What's odd is that when I unplug the unit from the wall, I hear the distinct click of a relay a few seconds afterwards. This is telling me, at least from what I can tell, that the primary side is getting 120v, but nothing to the low voltage side. I'm far from an expert on this, anybody have any experience diagnosing these power boards? The one on my CLD-v860 player is the VWR1260.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]