It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:57

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-D925] How to manually open front drawer
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019, 13:16 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Hi guys, I have a cut ribbon cable (part no. VDA1528) near the laser assembly. I tried to repair it (cut 1cm out of the end of the ribbon cable and tried to make new contacts but without success. So when the laser assembly was without connection with the main board, with power off I closed the front drawer. Now there's no way with power to open it, so how do I manually open again the front tray/drawer in order to replace the ribbon cable;

I would appreciate any help!

Post subject: Re: CLD-D925 how to manually open front drawer
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019, 14:18 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Sorry I can't help you with how to open the drawer.
I think you can remove the tray with tabs from what I've read but you must be careful to put it back in right or it won't line up
with gears.

You will be best to find a replacement for that ribbon cable before you mess up more.
Good luck with it.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019, 20:26 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

You should be able to reach the loading mechanism main pulley from the side, on the left side of the player, near the front. If you manually spin, the loading mechanism will move up, down and then open the drawer. Once it starts, you can pull it out the rest of the way, and then release the clips on the trailing edge of the try to take it all the way out.

I think I might actually have a spare flex cable for the pickup in my box of spare parts. The mechanism in the D925 is the same as a bunch of other players, including a D505 which I had to junk.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019, 23:01 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

You were very helpful! Yes, I opened it very easily by rotating the pulley. Stupidly yesterday evening upon my hurry to open it, I tried to pull out the front panel by lifting the top panel tabs and pushing inside the 3 lower panel tabs so I broke one lower tab. These things happen if you are nervous and not sure what you are doing. I guess the plastic panel is aged and can easily brake. Some years ago I had removed the front plastic panel, I first removed the CD door but couldn't remember exactly the rest of the process so some damage is done now. I will try to remove it and fix the broken tab by melting the tab on the panel with a heated old screwdriver (if it will join back).
About the ribbon cable I can order it from Pioneer service here in Greece. It's available and not that expensive.

Again, I really thank you guys and appreciate your fast response and help!!

Post subject: Re: CLD-D925 how to manually open front drawer  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019, 23:05 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Right now with the front drawer completely out I could very easily remove the front panel.

Lesson learned: Never again do something if you are not sure and not now what you are doing. Always ask first for help...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]