It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:56

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-D504] Remote
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 05:37 
Second post
Second post

Not sure where to ask this, but does anyone have a Pioneer CLD-D504 remote for sale? I have the player, but when I got it the remote was not included. I'm working on a project right now, and it requires the commentary track on a disc. I can't find any way to switch the audio track without the remote.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ethan

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-D504 Remote
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 06:01 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I think almost any Pioneer remote will do the trick since the codes are mostly the same. Can't imagine a lot of them NOT letting you switch audio tracks at the very least.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 08:48 
True fan
True fan

Any Pioneer Laserdisc remote should work, just double check that it has an audio button.

I honestly didn't believe your player didn't have one on the front, but after looking up the model, yeah, it legitimately doesn't- that's pretty uncommon for the pioneer players as far as I know.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 12:56 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

pokefraker wrote:
Any Pioneer Laserdisc remote should work, just double check that it has an audio button.

I honestly didn't believe your player didn't have one on the front, but after looking up the model, yeah, it legitimately doesn't- that's pretty uncommon for the pioneer players as far as I know.

My CLD-D750 doesn't have an audio button on the main unit but it does have the jog wheel. I'm getting a basic remote without jog so I can access functions I require.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2019, 18:25 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The number of front panel buttons on AV equipment started to disappear around the early 1990’s as more emphasis was made on creating menu’s to help navigate the myriad of functionality that kept increasing (in particular on AV Receivers’ and VCRs’; not LD players’).

So the good news is that we never saw menus on LD players (except DVL units due to the DVD functions mainly) but the number of buttons did start to dwindle over time. The players with the most front panel buttons were the CLD-3030, CLD-3070, and possibly the CLD-3080 (mostly in that pop out drawer).

But getting to the point of this topic (sorry for being long winded as I like getting into history too much ;) ) the audio buttons —audio monitor and digital/analog — were the rarities that never had buttons on the front panel at anytime from what I can remember unless we go back to the very early top loaders (which were analog only and thus would only have the audio monitor button).

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]