It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 04:35

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-S201] Player suddenly stops disc midway through a side
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2019, 11:18 
First post
First post

I'm wondering if somebody could help me solve a problem I'm having with my player.
I use my laserdisc player almost every day. It's a Pioneer CLD-S201. It's run strong since I first bought it back in early 2017 off of ebay, but since last week it's developed a new problem. About 5-10 minutes into a disc side, the player will stop the disc and return to the blue startup screen. This happens maybe once every two or three disc sides. Is there a mechanical problem that would cause this, or does my player need a cleaning/tune up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-S201] Player suddenly stops disc midway through a s
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2019, 06:01 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Well.... I guess I'll give it a shot. :think:

First off, are you saying that the disc stops exactly @ the 5-10 minute mark on the disc or are you saying that after about 5-10 minutes (regardless of what part of the disc you are playing) that it shuts down. If it's the former, I would assume something could be obstructing the laser's movement. If it's the latter, this could be heat related in respect to a cold solder joint having developed on one of the boards or other electrical part of the player.

Regardless, you should open up the player and make an observation of what you may or may not see (especially pay attention when the player does it's abrupt stop). Also, test it with a CD and see if it does the same thing as well. Report back when you have some new information to share about the problem.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]