It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:23

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-D504] Motor Gear question
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2020, 04:26 
Second post
Second post

Recently, I acquired a Pioneer CLD-D504 from the interwebs, and came in the mail expecting it to have at least one issue from some shipping damage, which luckily was minor. Then after cleaning the belt a little bit, I realized the motor was making a horrible grinding noise, which thankfully was just a loose screw that I was able to fix successfully.
Today however, the grinding noise came back, but this time, the plastic on the motor gear seems to be a little messed up (see attached photo).
It still technically works, but I'm fearing that eventually the gear might get out of shape to the point of no return.
Is there someway to fix it, or any possibility to find a replacement motor for the player?

(BTW, I'm new to the forums here, so don't mind me if I do something a little weird :lol:)

Attachments:
ld motor 2.jpg
ld motor 2.jpg [ 149.62 KiB | Viewed 1406 times ]

Post subject: Re: [CLD-D504] Motor Gear question
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2020, 08:10 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

My best guess, based on all that has been written on the forum about this issue, is that you have a bad motor holder.

The part is VNL1779 which is the plastic part you see screwed to your motor. The issue is that pins within the holder will break because the part is essentially very fragile.

There is some discussion here >>>> Let's resurrect the VNL1779 / VNL1700 >>> in regards to creating a replacement w/ a 3D printer but not sure how much progress has been made on it.

You could also simply take the holder off of your motor and see if you could possibly use cement or epoxy to fix whatever pieces broke off but I'm not sure if that could be effectively done.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2020, 21:30 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

The picture looks like the holder has split along the inboard side. I had one that had broken into 5 pieces, including both gear posts. I successfully repaired it using "Gorilla Glue" crazy glue and use that assembly in my D925. I've successfully repaired 2 of these now.

The black ones (VNL1779) are much better than the composite material gray ones (VNL1700) were built with.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2020, 22:44 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

blam1 wrote:
The picture looks like the holder has split along the inboard side.

I thought that black mark that appears to be a split might be a shadow from the camera flash. Hard to tell still. :?:

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2020, 01:34 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Yeah sounds like your M-Holder is broken. This part is NLA so your best shot currently is to remove it and attempt to repair as blam did. It looks like the white worm gear has been damaged by trying to operate it, so I would avoid attempting to use the player until you have repaired or replaced the M-Holder.

As blam said, the black ones are stronger but I've even seen one of those broken before. I'm even skeptical of purchasing players with M-Holders locally.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2020, 01:46 
Second post
Second post

ldfan wrote:
blam1 wrote:
The picture looks like the holder has split along the inboard side.

I thought that black mark that appears to be a split might be a shadow from the camera flash. Hard to tell still. :?:

It was from the flash, not a broken split, to clarify.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2020, 21:15 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

blam1 wrote:
The black ones (VNL1779) are much better than the composite material gray ones (VNL1700) were built with.

The 504 used the first M-Holder (VNL1637) which is the really bad one and probably gives the 1700 a bit of a bad rap.

As in - don't even think of shipping a 104/504/early 2800.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]