It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:40

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: CLD-V2600: Where Does This Go?  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 17:44 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I bought a non-working Pioneer CLD-V2600 on eBay. I found this part loose in the machine. If doesn't appear to be broken. Can someone tell me where it goes?

It also arrived with the laser sled unsecured which I think broke the plastic shield covering the focus mechanism. Luckily, the mechanism seems undamaged. I think this was done because the tray would not close. This appears to be due to the toothed bar of the sled getting stuck under the large black gear in the front as the sled rises up. This in turn seems to not line up with a small gap in the teeth, meaning the previous owner probably jumped the teeth pushing the tray in.

Post subject: Re: CLD-V2600: Where Does This Go?
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2020, 23:26 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

There is no securing the laser sled since the late 1980's, the transit screws in the CLD series players only locked the turn mechanism from getting out of place.

My guess is the part goes in the load mechanism and it depresses a switch when the tray is either fully open or fully loaded. Your load mechanism is probably bad.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 00:38 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Yeah I took a closer look at this and determined it's beyond my skill set to repair. The power supply board broke in shipping because the previous owner didn't do his due diligence in securing everything. Thanks.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2020, 16:54 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

titan91 wrote:
I bought a non-working Pioneer CLD-V2600 on eBay. I found this part loose in the machine. If doesn't appear to be broken. Can someone tell me where it goes?

It also arrived with the laser sled unsecured which I think broke the plastic shield covering the focus mechanism. Luckily, the mechanism seems undamaged. I think this was done because the tray would not close. This appears to be due to the toothed bar of the sled getting stuck under the large black gear in the front as the sled rises up. This in turn seems to not line up with a small gap in the teeth, meaning the previous owner probably jumped the teeth pushing the tray in.

It looks like the gear lock from the dual side play mechanism from a CLD-2950 (completely different model) to yours.... The 2600, 1750, 1600 and 600 all share the same hardware and I've never seen that plastic part there before...Anywhere!
Pioneer CLD-D925

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2020, 19:23 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

That plastic piece is called "CA-SW Lever" VNL1498. It is part of the mechanism assembly.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]