It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:07

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-59] Loading mechanism not working
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2021, 23:20 
Third post and above
Third post and above

A few months ago I purchased a CLD 59 in original box off ebay. The description said the unit wasn't working.

The first thing I noticed was that the unit wouldn't power on.

Following the advice of krbahr on avsforum, I snipped out D6 on the psu and the unit powers up fine.

However, that's just the start of the troubles with this unit.

I was able to get the tray out of the unit, but it would never load correctly. When I pushed the tray into the unit, the tray would never load into place. When I pressed eject, the machine would continue to make noise without ejecting the tray. Upon taking the tray out, I was able to move the slider manually, but the pickup wouldn't raise. I don't believe this is a simple belt issue.

Following the service guide for the S104 on youtube (same loading mechanism as the 59, except for a single sided machine), I disassembled the loading mechanism and realigned it according to the video.

Upon reassembly, the machine still has the same issues as before.

What could be causing this issue?

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD 59 loading mechanism not working
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2021, 02:09 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

You have to check if the MHolder has broken pins that hold the movement gears which is a common problem with this unit and then if the assembly does not fully raise the load belt needs to be replaced.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD 59 loading mechanism not working
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2021, 16:11 
Third post and above
Third post and above

krbahr wrote:
You have to check if the MHolder has broken pins that hold the movement gears which is a common problem with this unit and then if the assembly does not fully raise the load belt needs to be replaced.

I don't have the most amount of experience with M Holders, but from what I can see it looks fine. I think it's a given that the belt needs to be replaced, as the machine was manufactured October 1995. That being said, I don't think the load belt is causing the issue.

I've been observing the mechanism without the tray inside the machine. I've got to manually move the cam gear. By moving the cam gear, that should have raised the mechanism, but it didn't. There is a white gear that seems to lift the mechanism up, however it is very stiff and I can't move it all the way.

I'd also like to mention that the tray seems like it's getting physically stuck on the way out, and I have to pull hard to get it over those stuck gears to depress the stoppers to take the tray out.

Post subject: Re: [CLD-59] Loading mechanism not working
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2021, 06:21 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

If you have to pull it hard you have another issue, probably loose pieces inside the player causing issues or something else.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]