It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:41

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: [CLD-95] B side play problems
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2020, 13:55 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

How would you go about troubleshooting the cable? Is there a source of new cables? (I assume flexible cables are still made -- the question is mostly if dimensions are somewhat standardized.) Maybe just poking the cable to see if it makes a difference? I think at least one of the cables is symmetric and can be reversed -- at least I would suspect symptoms to be different...

Staffan

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2021, 20:42 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

This was some time ago but I now tried replacing the flex cable between the man board and the preamp board. This is a 26 lead cable and I couldn't find one with the right dimensions but I carefully cut a 26 lead flex cable to make 23 leads. There is no difference using the new cable so at least I think that can be ruled out.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2021, 21:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Just to confirm, Side B will still not spin in test mode if you try halfway through the disc?

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2023, 01:30 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hi,

Responding to an old post, but I got derailed by other projects and only started to have another look at this player yesterday. Maybe someone is still reading this... :)

For some, probably completely unrelated reason, I couldn't get the player into test mode by shorting the two wires going to the door sensor anymore. The service remote still does, however, so that is not important as far as I understand. The next problem was getting the player to try to focus in the middle of the disc. The only way I can make it try that is pressing play when the laser assembly is halfway getting into position on the upper side. (I would have thought there would be a way in test mode to do things under control: moving the assembly into position and then enabling focus, but I'm unaware of any such mechanism).

But no, the disc does not spin. Pressing play half ways does make the pickup stop and try to focus, but it gives up quite quickly.

This looks like the same problems as that described in [CLD-2080] Side B will not play

Staffan

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2