It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:01

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-K55G] Not working! mysterious part!
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2020, 18:40 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Hey everyone!
I've bought a Japanese Pioneer CLD-K55G that got damaged during shipping (very bad packaging that I can't complain about),
front tray won't open. I've opened up the unit, the laser unit went out of place, put everything back together and it still won't open or close (there is no error code). Replaced one of the belts below the laser, lubricated the cogwheels, cleaned the lens and nothing...
The main problem is that when I put a compact disc inside the tray didn't come up and spin the disc! is there a problem with the motor? according to the japanese auction site - it was perfectly working!
Also I've found this - what is this part exactly?
here is a picture https://ibb.co/Hqjn06D

Thanks in advance for any help,
Gal

Post subject: Re: [CLD-K55G] Not working! mysterious part!
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2020, 03:09 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Oh man.

Not sure what that part is. If you take a photo of the top with the cover off we can see what model this is based on. I think this just might be the Japanese CLD-V740/CLD-1720K with LD-G added.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 14:26 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Here are the photos... sorry I can't show further deep into it because I don't want to put the drawer off its' guides.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 15:07 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I think the black piece should be attached to the metal rod behind the optical unit, to the right side as we see it in the picture. It is probably meant to block the optical unit from travelling too far back and it helps support the metal rod from not moving. I guess that the copper colored screw is there to block the metal rod from lifting itself out. Check the black piece and look for a rectangular hole in the plastic where the screw sits. It may be this part and I think it will be replaceable if you get the part number.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 15:19 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

laserpaal wrote:
I think the black piece should be attached to the metal rod behind the optical unit, to the right side as we see it in the picture. It is probably meant to block the optical unit from travelling too far back and it helps support the metal rod from not moving. I guess that the copper colored screw is there to block the metal rod from lifting itself out. Check the black piece and look for a rectangular hole in the plastic where the screw sits. It may be this part and I think it will be replaceable if you get the part number.

I guess I already see a broken connection in the ribbon cable for the optical unit. Far left on the angled ribbon cable you can see a cut-out, probably caused by the black piece floating around in there and scraping everything it touches. These ribbon cables are fragile and easily damaged. This may cause trouble for the laser optical unit and also explain why it won't work. :thumbdown:

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 16:53 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

laserpaal wrote:
laserpaal wrote:

I guess I already see a broken connection in the ribbon cable for the optical unit. Far left on the angled ribbon cable you can see a cut-out, probably caused by the black piece floating around in there and scraping everything it touches. These ribbon cables are fragile and easily damaged. This may cause trouble for the laser optical unit and also explain why it won't work. :thumbdown:

can you plz mark the cutout in the picture? will replacing the laser optical unit and the black piece will save the problem?

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 17:43 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I'm no tech but I see that back corner smashed in, I would start with fixing the case to make sure its not going to press on anything or make
sure you don't see any broken boards or parts.

Laserpaal sees some issue with the cable, I would try to figure out what else may be issue like that.
Good luck, sorry the player came damaged, its a shame when you get these players damaged and worked fine before being sent.

My first player from the mail was damaged and I had to get it repaired back in 2004

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 18:44 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Good eyes laserpaal!

Attachments:
Ribbon_Damage.jpg
Ribbon_Damage.jpg [ 32.61 KiB | Viewed 2945 times ]
Plastic_Piece.jpg
Plastic_Piece.jpg [ 145.89 KiB | Viewed 2945 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 19:14 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

cplusplus wrote:
Good eyes laserpaal!

I see, thank you so much...
is this the also the reason why the tray doesn't go up and the disc doesn't spin? I tried to put a CD when the machine was open and it just hummed without any movement whatsoever.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 19:17 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Also, how can I remove the drawer safely to reach below without breaking anything? :geek:

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 20:18 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Probably. I would see what you could do to repair the cable. I can't tell if one or two traces are severed.

To remove the tray, feel for the large white pulley with a belt around it under the bottom right of the tray. Turn it by hand until the tray comes out.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 21:11 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I have seen some sketchy repairs where people actually fix broken traces on the ribbon cables by measuring for continuity between two points where it has been a fracture and makes a solder blob to "bridge" the broken traces or using a thin wire. I don't know how proven this can be in longivity, but with lack of spare parts I guess that getting the correct replacement of an optical unit with the ribbon cable is going to be very hard. You will also need a full adjustment procedure, so in the end it might not be worth it.

Cplusplus understood which part I meant. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2020, 01:08 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

No clue if this would work, but if it is just one severed trace maybe try taping over the 2nd to the left trace that looks damaged with clear tape and then maybe expose the two ends of the severed trace and jump them with some conductive foil and tape over that?

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2020, 01:32 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Again don't know if it will work on a ribbon cable but you can use wrapping wire or wire wrap wire to fix some circuit board trace breaks.
Its super thin but I don't know if you can fix ribbon with it?????
Worth a shot if you can't get a part.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2020, 18:19 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Thank you very much, will try :)
In the meantime bidding on other players in case it won't work...

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2021, 00:17 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Hey guys,
We've put a very small peace of metallic wire between the two exposed points of the cutout, and glued back the piece but nothing happens.
Tray won't open unless we open it and the tray won't go up and disc won't spin (LD, CD, 3" CD single).
Loading tray belt is not round anymore and looks like an egg - is it worth replacing or no hope for this unit?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2021, 19:51 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

galm2000 wrote:
Hey guys,
We've put a very small peace of metallic wire between the two exposed points of the cutout, and glued back the piece but nothing happens.
Tray won't open unless we open it and the tray won't go up and disc won't spin (LD, CD, 3" CD single).
Loading tray belt is not round anymore and looks like an egg - is it worth replacing or no hope for this unit?

Maybe it is possible to check for continuity on each of the traces of the ribbon cable, to verify there is continuity and that will also verify if the metallic wire works as a bridge.
The belt is the least expensive part, so it's worth the shot. Can you hear motor movement?

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2021, 02:16 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

The black plastic piece is the end of the tray on the right hand side (looking from the front).

To my eye, it looks like the pickup isn't properly set. I think the pickup has an anchor point on the left (again looking from the front) where the guide sits on the protruding lip. The pole should hold it down on the right and then you should NOT be able to raise or lower the pickup on the left except with adjustment screws (Tangential Adjustment).

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2021, 11:24 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

laserpaal wrote:
galm2000 wrote:
Hey guys,

Maybe it is possible to check for continuity on each of the traces of the ribbon cable, to verify there is continuity and that will also verify if the metallic wire works as a bridge.
The belt is the least expensive part, so it's worth the shot. Can you hear motor movement?

I cannot hera any motor movement, after checking online it seems like the laserdisc player can't identify whether it is closed or open, therefore, nothing is supposed to spin though to the sensor not identifying the disc. Moreover, there is a sound coming from the maching, sounds like a light buzz.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2021, 11:25 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

blam1 wrote:
The black plastic piece is the end of the tray on the right hand side (looking from the front).

To my eye, it looks like the pickup isn't properly set. I think the pickup has an anchor point on the left (again looking from the front) where the guide sits on the protruding lip. The pole should hold it down on the right and then you should NOT be able to raise or lower the pickup on the left except with adjustment screws (Tangential Adjustment).

I am not sure what do you mean exactly, do you have a picture explaining what do u mean?

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]