It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:05

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-D925] Could I get some advice? (MHolder)
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2013, 01:36 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I have 2 Laserdisc players. A CLD-D925 which I'm currently using, and a Elite CLD-59 which I have as a spare. My CLD-D925 has always been problematic with delayed start up power issues, F6 error messages, inconsistent auto flipping etc, but its been manageable. However recently its starting to get worse since it now refuses to play certain discs and it now no longer auto flips at all. It still plays some discs without too many issues, but I know that its deteriorating over time to the point that it might flat out not be operational one day. Thankfully one of the discs the player plays without too much difficulty is a PAL disc that is important to me.

Anyway, since springing for repair would cost me an arm and a leg just on shipping alone, do you guys think its time for me to store the CLD-D925 away and bring out my CLD-59? Because I want to have the CLD-D925 last as long as I can because I still have a PAL disc that I want to be able to watch in the years to come. So do you guys think the CLD-D925 will be more safe in the long run if I retire it as my main player?

Post subject: Re: Could I get some advice?
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2013, 05:50 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The D925 is the same mechanical design as the 59. You could have a broken M-Holder in the D925. But the F6 error means either the laser RF signal is getting low or the M-Holder pins holding the movement gears are broke it is is having trouble positioning to read the index.

You could also try cleaning the laser lens to see if there is any difference.

Post subject: Re: Could I get some advice?
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2023, 12:21 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

krbahr wrote:
The D925 is the same mechanical design as the 59. You could have a broken M-Holder in the D925. But the F6 error means either the laser RF signal is getting low or the M-Holder pins holding the movement gears are broke it is is having trouble positioning to read the index.

You could also try cleaning the laser lens to see if there is any difference.

Thanks for the tip. Had a d925 for some years I didn't get around checking out.
Occasional F6 error when returning to side A only curiously. never an issue going to B ... guess gravity did it's thing there.
Turns out the grey motorholder had the small pin broken holding the gear somewhat in place making it not focus from time to time. First one I encounter that didn't snap in two pieces.
Much appreciated info. easily overlooked since it appeared to be an OK motorholder.
Up and running once again.
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]