It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:42

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CLD-S303] Stuck in Standy Repair  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2021, 16:47 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I have had a CLD-S303 someone traded in that was stuck in standby. I finally got around to looking at it. I checked that the button wasn't jammed, and that power was making it to the FLKY board (board with front display). After that, I turned my attention to the few electrolytic capacitors on the board with my relatively new (to me) ESR meter. It is sometimes hit or miss, but it caught that C204 was bad. 10uF 16V polar. I replaced it and it came right back to life.

This seems to be a more obscure unit. At a glance it looks like a karaoke CLD-S201. I have one of those as well in line for service so I'm looking forward to comparing them side by side.

Attachment:
C204.jpg
C204.jpg [ 213.8 KiB | Viewed 593 times ]

Post subject: Re: CLD-S303 Stuck in Standy Repair
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2021, 01:28 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

One step forward, two steps back.

I plugged the unit in and noticed a wavy blue screen. Playback was successful, but I needed to figure out what was causing the underlying noise. I started checking from the composite out and the electrical adjustments (C Sync & Video Level) were way off. I began adjusting them to their proper levels using GGV frame #19,900, and playback abruptly stopped. Weird things were happening with the servos. I went looking for more bad caps and found C902 on main board was same leaky 10uF 16V cap. These do not match the other black capacitors and look like knock offs. Replacing that still resulted in weird electrical issues, so I'll have to keep hunting for more. :|

Attachment:
C902.jpg
C902.jpg [ 256.34 KiB | Viewed 583 times ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]