It is currently 18 Aug 2019, 14:41




 Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: [HLD-X9] start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 16:18 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2009, 11:12
Posts: 270
Location: Norway
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hi guys!

Already sent mail to karhbar, but also wanted to check here, on SOME discs, not all, but some, the machine makes a scratching noise when spinning up and down, i've thought about it being the upper clamp, as i hear somewhat the same sound on my S9, also changed the clamp between them (they are the same) and got more or less the same sound. i included a video, my thinking is that i should get a entierly new clamp, unless its the motor it self acting up..

here is video with sound

_________________
Pioneer KURO KRP-500M, Crystalio 2 VPS3300, Lumagen 2144, HLD-X9
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 16:31 
User avatar
cpix wrote:
Hi guys!

Already sent mail to karhbar, but also wanted to check here, on SOME discs, not all, but some, the machine makes a scratching noise when spinning up and down, i've thought about it being the upper clamp, as i hear somewhat the same sound on my S9, also changed the clamp between them (they are the same) and got more or less the same sound. i included a video, my thinking is that i should get a entierly new clamp, unless its the motor it self acting up..

here is video with sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJPCvfDM890

I would suggest the disc table sheet is "hard". It's thinner than on most players and usually doesn't soften when cleaned. Best to replace it (I've done this on many X9s as well as S9s). Part number DEB1169
  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 17:05 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2009, 11:12
Posts: 270
Location: Norway
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
ldservice wrote:
cpix wrote:
Hi guys!

Already sent mail to karhbar, but also wanted to check here, on SOME discs, not all, but some, the machine makes a scratching noise when spinning up and down, i've thought about it being the upper clamp, as i hear somewhat the same sound on my S9, also changed the clamp between them (they are the same) and got more or less the same sound. i included a video, my thinking is that i should get a entierly new clamp, unless its the motor it self acting up..

here is video with sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJPCvfDM890

I would suggest the disc table sheet is "hard". It's thinner than on most players and usually doesn't soften when cleaned. Best to replace it (I've done this on many X9s as well as S9s). Part number DEB1169


ok, the rubber part on top of the spindle motor? is it hard to tear off the old one?
_________________
Pioneer KURO KRP-500M, Crystalio 2 VPS3300, Lumagen 2144, HLD-X9
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 17:12 
User avatar
cpix wrote:
ldservice wrote:
cpix wrote:
Hi guys!

Already sent mail to karhbar, but also wanted to check here, on SOME discs, not all, but some, the machine makes a scratching noise when spinning up and down, i've thought about it being the upper clamp, as i hear somewhat the same sound on my S9, also changed the clamp between them (they are the same) and got more or less the same sound. i included a video, my thinking is that i should get a entierly new clamp, unless its the motor it self acting up..

here is video with sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJPCvfDM890

I would suggest the disc table sheet is "hard". It's thinner than on most players and usually doesn't soften when cleaned. Best to replace it (I've done this on many X9s as well as S9s). Part number DEB1169


ok, the rubber part on top of the spindle motor? is it hard to tear off the old one?

Yes, it's a bit difficult. I use a razor blade followed by acetone to remove all the glue residue.
  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 17:42 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2009, 11:12
Posts: 270
Location: Norway
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
ok! are you pretty much sure that's the problem? cause it sounds like sand paper when spinning =) but if so, i will try to get that part, not sure how though.
_________________
Pioneer KURO KRP-500M, Crystalio 2 VPS3300, Lumagen 2144, HLD-X9
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 17:44 
User avatar
cpix wrote:
ok! are you pretty much sure that's the problem? cause it sounds like sand paper when spinning =) but if so, i will try to get that part, not sure how though.

That's what it would sound like, at start up and when the brake is applied when stopping.
  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 18:07 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2009, 11:12
Posts: 270
Location: Norway
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
ldservice wrote:
cpix wrote:
ok! are you pretty much sure that's the problem? cause it sounds like sand paper when spinning =) but if so, i will try to get that part, not sure how though.

That's what it would sound like, at start up and when the brake is applied when stopping.


ok! last question then, which motor model does the X9 use? is a common one used in different players, or is it only for x9 (or maybe x0) as well?
_________________
Pioneer KURO KRP-500M, Crystalio 2 VPS3300, Lumagen 2144, HLD-X9
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 18:51 
User avatar
cpix wrote:
ldservice wrote:
cpix wrote:
ok! are you pretty much sure that's the problem? cause it sounds like sand paper when spinning =) but if so, i will try to get that part, not sure how though.

That's what it would sound like, at start up and when the brake is applied when stopping.


ok! last question then, which motor model does the X9 use? is a common one used in different players, or is it only for x9 (or maybe x0) as well?

It's a motor "on it's own" due to the bearings used.... Not the same as the X0
  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 19:40 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5708
Location: United States
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 106 times
can cpix order the part from you?
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 19:47 
User avatar
rein-o wrote:
can cpix order the part from you?

I don't know why not. In fact I just got a PM from him :thumbup:
  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 19:54 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5708
Location: United States
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 106 times
good, i've been reading this and was wondering why he didn't just ask you?

also i just want to add, i don't know this player or anything but in the past i have used
lighter fluid to remove sticky glue.
or there is this stuff called bestine that you can get at art supply stores here in the USA
it's for thinning rubber cement or removing sticky glue.

but i'm sure acetone or nail polish remover is easier to find in smaller amounts.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 20:59 
User avatar
rein-o wrote:
good, i've been reading this and was wondering why he didn't just ask you?

also i just want to add, i don't know this player or anything but in the past i have used
lighter fluid to remove sticky glue.
or there is this stuff called bestine that you can get at art supply stores here in the USA
it's for thinning rubber cement or removing sticky glue.

but i'm sure acetone or nail polish remover is easier to find in smaller amounts.

Acetone is pretty cheap and works quite well....I need lighter fluid for my Zippo :thumbup:
  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 21:45 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2009, 11:12
Posts: 270
Location: Norway
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
i have always used white spirits to remove sticky glue and all other sorts of filth that's hard to remove in electronics and other projects i have been working on, guess it will work just fine with the spindle as well :)
_________________
Pioneer KURO KRP-500M, Crystalio 2 VPS3300, Lumagen 2144, HLD-X9
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 22:11 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5708
Location: United States
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 106 times
cpix wrote:
i have always used white spirits to remove sticky glue and all other sorts of filth that's hard to remove in electronics and other projects i have been working on, guess it will work just fine with the spindle as well :)

yes, you can do that too :thumbup:
i just have lots of chemicals around and always use them first, i like to keep my spirits for myself :mrgreen:
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 22:23 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:45
Posts: 578
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I have replaced 3 rubber mats on the motor spindles of different players I have. Not too difficut. The old ones peeled of easier, pulling on it slowly and gently....and I used rubbing alcohol to remove any residue. I put a tissue under the motor spindle, so if any bits of the old rubber or the cleaning fluid splatters or drips, it will fall onto the tissue and not into your player.

The new rubber comes on a card with 4 sections that peel off. Peel off just 1 section of the backing and apply that first to the motor spindle, and then continue to the next section (one at a time) till you have it on. It's a soft rubber as Duncan said, and I found doing it one section at a time is easiest. (and probably the way your supposed to do it)
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 22:27 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5708
Location: United States
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 106 times
that sounds like when i did the surrounds on a speaker, those 4 pieces of thick rubber foam came off and
i had to put each one on so they fit correctly, but i wasn't using new stuff it was the spacer under the
metal ring that held the speaker in the cabinet.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 22:44 
User avatar
vinylcollector wrote:
I have replaced 3 rubber mats on the motor spindles of different players I have. Not too difficut. The old ones peeled of easier, pulling on it slowly and gently....and I used rubbing alcohol to remove any residue. I put a tissue under the motor spindle, so if any bits of the old rubber or the cleaning fluid splatters or drips, it will fall onto the tissue and not into your player.

The new rubber comes on a card with 4 sections that peel off. Peel off just 1 section of the backing and apply that first to the motor spindle, and then continue to the next section (one at a time) till you have it on. It's a soft rubber as Duncan said, and I found doing it one section at a time is easiest. (and probably the way your supposed to do it)

Those were different mats, thicker rubber and easier to peel off the table. The S9/X9 mat is thin and tends to rip leaving the glue on the disc table :thumbdown: :x :cry:
  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 23:00 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan
User avatar

Joined: 03 Oct 2003, 10:06
Posts: 635
Location: at home :p
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 12 times
I had that sound on my X9 maybe once or twice.
But the last time I heard it was like maybe 5 years ago.
If I would hear it with every disc I play I would be concerned.
But as that is not the case I guess I can leave it be.
Or should I be worried?
If only I remembered which disc it was...
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 23:33 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 5708
Location: United States
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 106 times
yes, i know it would be thinner, but it's in pieces, that's what i was trying to say.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 start and stop scratching sounds
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2012, 19:06 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2009, 11:12
Posts: 270
Location: Norway
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Everyone, thanks for all your responses and tips to fix this problem! I dont have some valuable tips for you guys. In Norway's Pioneer repair centers, they DO have spare parts laying around their office! I talked to a very friendly guy at that sent me the part i needed just a few days later after order. they were cheap also, the DEB1159 that is the rubber part for the X9 spindle motor cost me around 40,- NOK which is in dollars 6 O_o

but what i did for you guys, i made a video on how to change it, and how annoying it is, even though i dont care about editing to much with video, it ended up being some clips, so i will be putting them together to show you guys how it is done, Norwegian style ;D

(of course as alway, i had help from Duncan and Kurtis).
_________________
Pioneer KURO KRP-500M, Crystalio 2 VPS3300, Lumagen 2144, HLD-X9
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: