It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:12

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [HLD-X9] Side Change Hanging
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2019, 18:23 
True fan
True fan

Hi fellow enthusiasts!

Ive got an X9 that hangs on the side change. The machine has definitley been dropped as it arrived broken in the post some years ago. Other than a broken tray it has served me well. Lately, its started hanging when it changes sides from A to B. It happened gradually a few times. Now its gotten to a point where it doesnt turn at all. The side change animation shows on the front display and you can hear the laser moving but it just hangs.

Has this happened to anyone before? What could be a possible cause or fix? It could be that the mechanism needs cleaning lubing etc. I havent taken it apart to inspect yet. I was just hoping to get some advice before I proceeded with a repair.

Ive been using it as a single sided player just fine, pretending its an X0 ;)

Cheers! :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: HLD-X9 Side Change Hanging
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 04:10 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

The grip ring goes bad in these too!!

Try pressing side B to close the tray and if it goes to side B and then starts playing the grip ring is probably bad. It will have issues going from B to A in this scenario.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 11:07 
True fan
True fan

Thanks for the reply Kurtis!

You think this could be as simple as the grip ring? I sure hope so! Donberg has them in stock as well! When I've got a spare minute I'll do exactly what you said and report back.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2019, 10:25 
True fan
True fan

Right!

So I finallly got a chance to test the player the way Kurtis suggested. I've got my X9 set up at my mums house with the surround sound etc, which I dont have space for in my current place. I rarely get a chance to go there anymore, which is why its taken so long for me to get back! I've got my birtdhay coming up soon so I booked a week off work. I'm gonna do nothing except chill and watch Laserdiscs. 8-)

Anyway, I went there yesterday with two discs, for those interested they were:
Assassins
Judge Dredd

I figured two half decent Stallone movies would equal a decent evening. I wasnt dissapointed. So I put Assassins in first and pressed side B. The disc went in and spun up without an issue. So I swapped it back around and watched it normally. Both discs played and flipped perfectly. I couldnt be too annoyed that it didnt malfunction, it just proves the fault is intermittent.

Went there again today and watched White Men Can't Jump (great transfer) and it played and flipped perfectly.

I think it makes sense to order a few grip rings while theyre in stock because I suppose it will only deteriorate over time.

Thanks again for your advice Kurtis. :thumbup:

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2019, 22:57 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I want to warn you that if you order the grip rings from pacparts or Pioneer check them when you receive them as when I ordered some a couple years ago 50% of the grip rings I ordered were old stock that was dried out. If you order make sure they have a gripping surface!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]