It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:03

Page 2 of 2 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: [DVL-9] Japanese - Help for a rookie
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2022, 01:28 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

cplusplus wrote:
I can't tell which motor the noise is coming from.

Remove the tray to get a better look. Eject the tray as far as you can and if you press the tabs on the back of the tray, it should pull right out. If you cant eject the tray, you will have to manually turn the loading belt that is under the front left of the tray. Remove the loading belt and clean it with water. Clean the pulleys the belt wraps around with alcohol. This is a temporary fix if the belt is bad.

Leave the tray out. Turn unit on. If tray was in eject position, you will hear similar noise. To the right of the loading belt are two large white plastic gears and to the right of that is a black plastic slider. Slide it right and loading will complete.

If you still hear a motor noise, carefully turn the black worm gear a few times that is attached to motor to the right of the optical lens. It should move freely. Ensure that the white plastic track below it has not cracked (the small white plastic pieces that run from track to the right can break).

Thanks C++, I have done all the steps you gave me, and these is the results:

***Hopefully I got some spare belts of almost the same size( I used those to fix a cassette tape player)****
***the optical lens is moving freely now, the withe plastic looks fine******

I have changed the belt you said, the original was pretty solid not like a rubber band.

The unit now opens and closes the trays(LD and DVD) as you can see in the videos, also some messages shows on the front panel, but the disc does not spin.

1.- Turning on Without Tray

2.- Loading Laser Disc

3.- Loading a DVD Disc

4.-Turning on the Player without Disc.

As you can see the disc does not spin, for LD or DVD, also when I have press the B side button, nothing appears to happen.

Do you think I might need to change also the belt of the laser's rotor?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2022, 01:47 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Clicking of the DVD carriage in first half of #4 is not normal.

For belt, it is roughly a 3.7. I use SCQ3.8. After you put an LD in tray, press play. As the mechanism rises, gently help pull it up and see if disc will read. If not do the same thing, but with a CD.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2022, 02:45 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

cplusplus wrote:
Clicking of the DVD carriage in first half of #4 is not normal.

For belt, it is roughly a 3.7. I use SCQ3.8. After you put an LD in tray, press play. As the mechanism rises, gently help pull it up and see if disc will read. If not do the same thing, but with a CD.

If I'm doing it in the correct way, I'm pulling the mechanism, for both CD and LD, and it does not spin at all.

Do you think will be a good idea to add grease for plastic gears to the mechanism, it is probably this unit hasn't had any maintenance for several years.

I'm adding several videos, this one is what happens when I press the B Side(The LD is inside).

Im not sure if I'm helping to pull in the correct way :think:

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2022, 05:28 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Your loading belt is working fine now. There is something in the gears of the DVD laser assembly, it should be moving smoothly like the LD laser assembly, the DVD laser is making click sounds like there is something in the gears. Since the display has DVD or LD the laser s are able to detect that a disc is installed but that does not mean it could read them once installed.

Best thing is to put the player in test mode and then hit the play button a couple times to see if the disc will spin. As long as a disc is detected the spindle motor will be forced to turn. If it does not turn then maybe you still have power supply issues in the spindle motor drive section. The spindle drive control pulses are generated on the main board and then sent to the power supply to supply the current to drive the motor with pulses. These are stepper motors. DRV A and DRV B are the main board signals generated for the spindle motor and then the power supply outputs SPDL M+ and SPDL M- to the spindle motor connector.

I have seen a bad DVD laser cause this also but I would focus on verifying signals to drive the spindle motor.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2022, 13:56 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

krbahr wrote:
Your loading belt is working fine now. There is something in the gears of the DVD laser assembly, it should be moving smoothly like the LD laser assembly, the DVD laser is making click sounds like there is something in the gears. Since the display has DVD or LD the laser s are able to detect that a disc is installed but that does not mean it could read them once installed.

Best thing is to put the player in test mode and then hit the play button a couple times to see if the disc will spin. As long as a disc is detected the spindle motor will be forced to turn. If it does not turn then maybe you still have power supply issues in the spindle motor drive section. The spindle drive control pulses are generated on the main board and then sent to the power supply to supply the current to drive the motor with pulses. These are stepper motors. DRV A and DRV B are the main board signals generated for the spindle motor and then the power supply outputs SPDL M+ and SPDL M- to the spindle motor connector.

I have seen a bad DVD laser cause this also but I would focus on verifying signals to drive the spindle motor.

Hello krbahr and thanks for your answer.

I got some questions, whats is the best way to put the player in test mode? Do I need the remote o the service remote?

In case the motor doesn't spin any disc, which are the signals I have to check, has some values, or do I need to verify continuity first?

Thanks for helping :clap:

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2022, 17:56 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Hello to everyone, I was doing additional tests, and I got these questions:

1.- the upper mechanism where the disc stops looks like this, is this correct? cause it's not very soft to make the disc spin easy(I'm not sure if this is the correct work of this part)

2.- I found this small piece, looks like a tiny pin, I'm not sure where it goes.
Attachment:
File comment: Part 4
Broken Part 4.jpeg
Broken Part 4.jpeg [ 128.18 KiB | Viewed 3027 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Part 1
Broken Part.jpeg
Broken Part.jpeg [ 89.03 KiB | Viewed 3027 times ]

3.- this could be the position?

Attachment:
File comment: part 3
Broken Part 3.jpeg
Broken Part 3.jpeg [ 75.41 KiB | Viewed 3027 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: part 2
Broker Part 2.jpeg
Broker Part 2.jpeg [ 69.06 KiB | Viewed 3027 times ]

4.- the sound that makes the DVD laser when it moves is because this plastic gear has some dent part.
Where can I find the replacement? .Do some of you have any video or photos showing me how to change this gear?

Attachment:
File comment: gear
Dvd Laser Gear 3.jpeg
Dvd Laser Gear 3.jpeg [ 67.29 KiB | Viewed 3027 times ]

Thanks for all your answers

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2022, 18:04 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

adding more pictures of the broken pin.

Im not sure if these will be the correct position for that pin.
Attachment:
File comment: PC1
Position-c-1.jpeg
Position-c-1.jpeg [ 30.42 KiB | Viewed 3027 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: PC2
position-c 2.jpg
position-c 2.jpg [ 34.11 KiB | Viewed 3027 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2022, 23:03 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

percy_u wrote:
3.- this could be the position?

Yes.

For gears, you could still buy them from Pioneer about a year ago. I think they are NLA now. VNL1782, VXX2471. Don't grease these except for center hole.

I'd just take them off and try to shape them back up before buying replacements.

I have only used service remote to enter test mode on DVLs, but service manual says you can also short TP93 to TP98. See page 32 of service manual first and proceed with caution...

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2022, 00:03 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

As cplusplus says do the short if you don't have a service remote. I finally bought one a few years back as it is much easier than shorting the pins on some units. You would need an oscilloscope and look at the signals in the power supply that I mentioned in my previous message as a starting point.

You're going to need to be able to diagnose this yourself looking at signals.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2022, 06:49 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I have an original Pioneer service remote, but I pretty much exclusively use https://www.domesday86.com/?page_id=3181 since I don't have to worry about it getting filthy or dinged up. They're $25, but I think you can just load codes if you have a programmable remote.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2022, 19:26 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

Thanks C++/krbahr for your answers.

What im gonna do next, is repair the DVD Gear to stop the noise, and see if that helps.

Also im cheking to use IRplus(Android App) to emulate the service remote, hope that works.

I got an aditional question, i found this broken part , i cant locate where it comes from.

Attachment:
File comment: Lose
Lose Part.jpeg
Lose Part.jpeg [ 25.21 KiB | Viewed 2973 times ]

Maybe you can help me with that.

Thanks for all your support.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2022, 06:03 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

That is just an identifier for a coil in power supply.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 18:51 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

cplusplus wrote:
That is just an identifier for a coil in power supply.

Goodday C++, I'm finally could some work today on the LD, as you suggest me, I take the laser gear and clean and fix some of the plastic dents, with that is working smoothly.

About the spinning problem, that was something that it's entirely my fault, I didn't realize that the plastic connector attach to the power supply board was lifted like 3mm , and just put it back to the original place and reconnect the motor connector and that was it, the problem is solved.

Attachment:
File comment: Connector
Rotor Conector.jpeg
Rotor Conector.jpeg [ 28.88 KiB | Viewed 2898 times ]

I Want to thank you for all your help and patience C++, my ld player is now properly working.

Thanks also to everyone who post some comments I really appreciated it.

My next step is to get the remote, or find the codes to clone one.

Anyways thanks again for all your help.

Post subject: Re: [DVL-9] Japanese - Help for a rookie - Solved!!  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 20:05 
Shows curiousity
Shows curiousity

About the remote, I have found the codes for the CU-DV001, and there are working pretty well on this unit DVL-9.

I'm using the IRPlus App for android, and I just add the codes as XML file, I hope this helps someone who might need it.

If someone needs the file, just send me a pm, cause I'm not able to add the XML here.

c ya.

Post subject: Re: [DVL-9] Japanese - Help for a rookie - Solved!!
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 14:36 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

percy_u wrote:
About the remote, I have found the codes for the CU-DV001, and there are working pretty well on this unit DVL-9.

For physical remote, CU-DV035 is a good cheap alternative to the more expensive CU-DV001. I think it just doesn't have Disc Side button (it probably is there just no hole for it).

Glad your player is back up and running. :thumbup:

Page 2 of 2 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2