It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:06

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [DVL-700] Side change problem...
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012, 03:26 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

My cousin in Kentucky got a DVL 700 recently that exhibits a side change problem. DVD plays fine, LD side A plays fine.

When going to side B, he observed the laser assembly ride up in the turn unit, stop at the top, makes a click and then the player simply stops.

So, does this model have the same type of plastic guide pins like so many of the others that won't go to side B if the pin breaks, or does it have some other sort of device that might be broken or maybe a misalignment with the upper giudes, and so on.

Or is it some sort of issue where the player thinks it's been told to stop play rather than go to side B? Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: DVL 700 side change problem...
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012, 12:55 
True fan
True fan

rixrex wrote:
My cousin in Kentucky got a DVL 700 recently that exhibits a side change problem. DVD plays fine, LD side A plays fine.

When going to side B, he observed the laser assembly ride up in the turn unit, stop at the top, makes a click and then the player simply stops.

So, does this model have the same type of plastic guide pins like so many of the others that won't go to side B if the pin breaks, or does it have some other sort of device that might be broken or maybe a misalignment with the upper giudes, and so on.

Or is it some sort of issue where the player thinks it's been told to stop play rather than go to side B? Any ideas?

Yes, Gear Holder and 2 gears usually, unless it got shipped hard or tweaked, the cage can be tweaked just a hair up or down. Sometimes there is a slight burr on the motor worm gear itself but then usually he will see skipping on side A and it wont. Jam on side. B.

I can send you those 4 parts free of charge since I have a bunch of DVL- parts ..

Other than that Kurtis is close and should have everything and can perform the repair in a short time.

Duane, MI

Post subject: Re: DVL 700 side change problem...
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2012, 17:47 
rixrex wrote:

Might be the same issue as this: [DVL-909] Side A to B turn problem...
All the DVL players use this same "latch" to hold the upper parked optics in place during transit...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]