It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:43

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [DVL-V888] skipping on side B
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2013, 00:37 
I recently picked up a DVL-V888 for $20 at a local auction. I then ordered me a disc to try it out with before I ebay it and it seemed to work just fine until I switched to side B. On side B it plays for 10-15 seconds and then starts looping. If I skip to the next chapter it plays for a bit and then does it again. I manually switched the disc and everything played fine so it must be something to do with the player

I was reading that there may be a lever that needs to be adjusted but I don't know what anything in the player is. Could somebody show me some pictures of anything that y'all recommend me to adjust?

Post subject: Re: DVL-V888 skipping on side B
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2013, 21:54 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

This has the same M Holder issues as he CLD series players. Most likely need to replace the M Holder as the movement gears are loose and when you switch to side B gravity moves them away from the track.

Post subject: Re: DVL-V888 skipping on side B  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 02:30 
My problem is that I don't know what a m holder is. Or much of anything else in there. I am an electronics technician and have a job where I fix random things so if I have some pictures/schematics/ good descriptions I can probably check to see if that is messed up.

Also how bad is it for my eyes to have the thing running with the cover removed?

How much and where can I get an M holder if it is bad?

Post subject: Re: DVL-V888 skipping on side B
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2013, 04:10 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Take off the top and look at the laser pickup. You will see a gray plastic piece holding the motor to the laser assy. There are two gears between the motor worm gear and the track. The gray plastic piece has tabs to hold the two gears in place, these tabs break and you can see one or both gears move up and down as you push forward and back on the pickup. They should only turn, up/down movement means the tabs are broke.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]