It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:07

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [DVL-909] A to B Side Turn Mechanism
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2019, 00:36 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

In all photographs of above mechanism I have viewed the ribbon cable across the back is obviously underneath the turn mechanism housing.The CLD laser assy is shown upside down parked in the turn mechanism housing.The DVD laser assy is shown right way up adjacent to the spindle motor.
On my unit the ribbon cable is across the top of the turn mechanism housing and the ribbon cables running to both the CLD and DVD assys both lie flat with no twists in them.
If I swap the CLD and DVD assys over I end up with twists in the two ribbon cables to them but with the main ribbon cable across the bottom of the turn
mechanism.WHICH IS RIGHT.That could also affect the action of the switches,one each side of the turn mechanism housing.
The reason I have raised this issue is because I had to remove the disc transport mechanism from the player to check the cam operated switches S101,S102 &
S103 on loading motor pc board.The loading motor is only running in a counter clockwise direction.It is a lot easier to work on the mechanism out of the player.
Can anybody give me some advise please in relation to above situation.

Post subject: Re: DVL909. A to B Side Turn Mechanism-Update  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2019, 23:45 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

Yesterday,following my query on this forum,I viewed a video showing the servicing of one of these players and discovered that I had mistakenly confused the
CLD & DVD Laser assys and got them reversed.Repositioning them has solved the problem and the two switches in the turn mechanism now activate as they
should do.Very sorry for the confusion.Very much a continuing learning experience.

Post subject: Re: DVL909. A to B Side Turn Mechanism
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2019, 00:14 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Sorry nobody was able to post and help.
But glad you were able to figure out the issue to keep your discs spinning for years to come. :thumbup:

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]