It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:18

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [DVL-919] Power issue
PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 01:13 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I have 2 DVL-919 doing exactly the same thing. The Power/Standby light comes on when you plug the player in, but when you press the button the LED blinks out and then comes back on. If you hold the button, it will blink very quickly and there is a clicking inside the player. The clicking is the LD pickup lens popping up and down.

I've checked all the fuses (one had 2 blown, and when it was fixed, it now does the same thing as the other). I can't find anything obviously blown.

Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: [DVL-919] Power issue
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2020, 01:05 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Measure the output voltages for the power supply and you will probably find one of them being held down. It is most likely not the supply, once you find the voltage that is bad you then need to debug the boards to find the component holding the voltage down. Best way to test the supply is to disconnect the voltage outputs, jumper the power on pin to turn it on and check the outputs with no load.

Post subject: Re: [DVL-919] Power issue  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2020, 04:50 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I've confirmed it is the power supply boards. I've tested all other components against a known good power supply. Thanks for the feedback tho.

Post subject: Re: [DVL-919] Power issue
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2020, 00:49 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

You need disconnect any cable going from the bad power board to any other board in the player and then plug in power to the bad board and jumper voltage using a 1K Ohm resistor to the "power on" pin to turn it on by itself, I believe it's pins 10 and 11 of the connector going to the front panel it that will turn on all the power supply voltages. Then you can debug the power board. The power button on the front of the player is connected to the mode controller on the front panel IC and the mode controller is saying your power is not proper. The mode controller IC sends the "power on" signal to the power supply under normal operation to fully turn it on.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]