It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:19

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [DVL-700] FL OFF button problem
PostPosted: 09 May 2021, 20:01 
Third post and above
Third post and above

Hi guys! I'm new here and new to laserdisc world. I recently bought a Pioneer DVL-700 player, it's working fine and I love it, but I have a problem with the "FL OFF" button that I can't figure out how to solve. When pressed it's supposed to turn display window off, and when pressed again turn it on. Thing is I pressed the button for the first time, button light turned on and the display window off. Problem is that no matter how many times I press it again the button light is always on, the display window turn on for a few seconds and then it goes off again. Can't figure out how to permanently turn on the display window again or how to disable "FL OFF" button. Is there a way to force "FL OFF" button off or factory reset the player? I want the display window to be on all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments:
1620586416617.jpg
1620586416617.jpg [ 476.97 KiB | Viewed 963 times ]
1620586416610.jpg
1620586416610.jpg [ 389.8 KiB | Viewed 963 times ]

Post subject: Re: Pioneer DVL-700 FL OFF button problem
PostPosted: 09 May 2021, 20:29 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Open it and cut it out?

This is just how it works from what I read of your post but you seem to want it on all the time.
Would have to open and find traces to figure out where it goes etc but you may cause more damage in the long run.

If it ain't broke don't fix.

PostPosted: 09 May 2021, 20:41 
Third post and above
Third post and above

rein-o wrote:
Open it and cut it out?

This is just how it works from what I read of your post but you seem to want it on all the time.
Would have to open and find traces to figure out where it goes etc but you may cause more damage in the long run.

If it ain't broke don't fix.

Thanks for the reply. Actually the correct behavior of the player is to have the display window always on. "FL OFF" button turns the display off and on again. The "on again" part is what is not working as expected. "FL OFF" button light is always on (always enabled) and no matter how many times I press the button I can't turn the display window permanently on again. The display stays on for a few seconds and goes off.

PostPosted: 09 May 2021, 20:48 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

It's possible you may just have cold solder connection on the button itself.

The only way to know is to remove the front panel and have a look @ that area. Also, when you have it opened, take a voltmeter and follow the traces from the button back to the chip that controls it and look for more colder solder leads. And course, you just need a soldering iron to reflow the solder.

PostPosted: 09 May 2021, 21:18 
Third post and above
Third post and above

ldfan wrote:
It's possible you may just have cold solder connection on the button itself.

The only way to know is to remove the front panel and have a look @ that area. Also, when you have it opened, take a voltmeter and follow the traces from the button back to the chip that controls it and look for more colder solder leads. And course, you just need a soldering iron to reflow the solder.

Thanks! I'll give it a try and check for a cold solder connection.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]