It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:43

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Sony HIL-* MUSE players
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2024, 15:28 
Honest fan
Honest fan

drewmanfu0 wrote:
drecksoft wrote:
No, It won't. I know the correct Sony code for my remote.

However, I found out that when you play with the switches, the device needs to be unplugged to use the new setting.

I found the code I previously used and I can turn on / off, play / pause and so on. However, the 0-9 keys are not recognized, so 0 - STOP for the test mode does not work.

Panasonic seems to use a very rare code set on that player as only one of my three universal remotes work at all.

The switch marked Panasonic is not related to remote functions. There is a switch mounted to the video jacks and it switches the unit to recognize Sony 2 for LD. It absolutely works, it's how you enter service mode for calibration.

Yes, I changed that one. It will not recognize the codes that work for the Sony player but it will also stop reacting to the Panasonic codes. Maybe there is a second set of Sony codes.

The Panasonic remote is not easy to find and I also don't want to spend a ton of money. It would be interesting to check if the spindle motor works but even if it does I'm still not one step closer to finding out why the player isn't working.

Strange thing: I also have a HIL-C2EX which behaves EXACTLY the same way. That one I can put in test mode and I know the spindle motor is ok. The laser also shows red light but the player won't not spin up the disc.

Post subject: Re: Sony HIL-* MUSE players
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 20:20 
Honest fan
Honest fan

You need a remote capable of transmitting the Sony 2 codes. My suggestion is to set your HIL-C2EX to LDP2 and find the code that powers it on. Then set your Panasonic player to OEM and 7se that code to test the spindle motor in service mode. Alternatively you could remove the video jack board from the Sony and plug it into the Panasonic and set the switch to LDP1 and enter test mode using the standard Sony remote codes.

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2