It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:41

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sony MDP-650D Problem
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2013, 04:22 
i have a Sony MDP-650D which has a problem which h i'll try my best to explain the best i can:

after taking the cover off i found that upon inserting a disc the little tray that lifts the laser wasn't moving up and with a careful (yet firm) lift upwards it will then 'lock into place' and the disc will start spinning and the movie plays

i'm really struggling to find any into about this other then it might be caused by the cogs being missalinged and need to be ajusted (painstakingly) to get it working

any info on this or help would be amazing :D

Post subject: Re: Sony MDP-650D Problem
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2013, 23:01 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

See if there is a belt inside the player that is slipping. I do not work on Sony players so I can not say how this particular unit operates.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2013, 00:03 
taking the disc tray out to diagnose what's wrong has caused more problems getting it back in:

after several hours playing it seems to be the cogs that are are miss-aligned (the ones that open/close the disc tray and lift the laser tray up and down) causing the the disc tray to not open/close at the right time

i've almost got it so the disc tray opens/closes but it still gets stuck when trying to lift the tray without help

are there any places to get these repaired? i live in uk/england :p

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2013, 20:34 
True fan
True fan

steve51184 wrote:
taking the disc tray out to diagnose what's wrong has caused more problems getting it back in:

after several hours playing it seems to be the cogs that are are miss-aligned (the ones that open/close the disc tray and lift the laser tray up and down) causing the the disc tray to not open/close at the right time

i've almost got it so the disc tray opens/closes but it still gets stuck when trying to lift the tray without help

are there any places to get these repaired? i live in uk/england :p

i had that player once, it does have a belt that lift the laser and you need to replace it.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2013, 20:47 
I've spent some more time on this and have got it 99% working: the draw now opens and closes and lifts the laser tray fine the only problem seems to be the cogs are still *slightly* misaligned and when opening the disc drive it gets stuck and needs a little pull and the same for when it closes it needs a slight push but its currently 'working perfectly' so for now I'm happy I was able to 'fix' it

Will work on it more but ATM am happy :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]