It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 08:44

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sony MDP-515D  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2015, 13:13 
I just bought a Sony MDP-515D. It has a problem with the tray, so when i took it apart i found a problem with the cogwheels.
Ive having problem to connect the two big cogwheels at the front. Does anyone have a like wise player. because i cant find any
pictures on the internet.

Post subject: Re: Sony MDP-515D
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2015, 16:52 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

I owned a few sony players. Never had one that kept working sadely :shh: :thumbdown:
I had several issues with the door not opening. Removing the spring did the job but that leaves you with a door that stays open. Doesn't look nice IMHO

I never did take the time to investigate what causes this behavior with the tray not being able to push down the front panel door.
I was happy to see them go...
Always liked their design and they did a fair job picture wise but no more Sony LD for me I'm afraid.

A store nearby has one NIB and offered it to me for 150 euro. I refused it since parts are no more available. Sony has a very poor customer support even with their new devices. I told the store owner I was pretty sure it was going to have issues with the door panel after all these years even unused. He gave me that "but it's a Sony" look :lol:

Hope you get it working anyway. :thumbup: There isn't much technical info around sony ld wise that is...
when it works it's a nice looking machine. Very clean look :thumbup:

I owned the Sony MDP-740D champagne colored with wooden side panels. Sold it to a friend (let's hope it stays that way :lol: ) of mine and he had luck with it for many years until the day ... the door panel gave away. The only good thing is that it still plays fine and has that smooth look to it :thumbup:

MDP players have the RGB thing but that never impressed me picture wise. Used the composite signal or S-video back then. I remember getting nice pictures on my CRT back then. Not sure what a modern display does to a Sony player.... :?:
Lexicon LDD-1
SR-7015
RMB-1585
DP-UB820
TX-58DX780E

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]