It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:21

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Got my first player (Sony LDP-1600P) but it has issues :
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2015, 04:28 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

knoeki wrote:
Well, I managed to get a hold of a couple of PAL discs.
- pausing doesn't actually make it go to a still frame, the screen just goes black

On this player, you will undoubtedly only get a still frame on a CAV (standard play) disc. Most movie discs are CLV (extended play). In addition, the "pause" button may not give a still frame. Without a remote control, you should be able to issue the "still frame" command via RS-232, if you know what the command set is.

The other problems you observe seem to me likely to be due to crosstalk thanks to a mis-adjusted playhead. This will result in attempted playback of two adjacent tracks at once, with obviously distorted results.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2015, 05:01 
Serious fan
Serious fan

knoeki wrote:
yeah, I think you actually linked that to me earlier in another thread ^^

200 euro is still a lot of money for me, and right now I can't afford it especially .__. even if it might be worth it.

Basically any player like from Pioneer that has CLD in the beginning of the name and Pal/Ntsc logo on front of the player could do for the majority of discs. I guess simpler ones can be had for a few 10€ I see one at marktplaats for 45€ to pick up locally ;) . Don't bid but email directly that you are interested and to drop by to see and negotiate. (Just a short traintrip i see)

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2015, 14:33 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Hehe, yeah, I saw that one. Funny enough that's the same person I got my current one from ^^ I might go for it, but right now I have a couple other priorities, so it's gonna have to wait until I have the money for it again ^^;

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2015, 14:34 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

publius wrote:
knoeki wrote:
Well, I managed to get a hold of a couple of PAL discs.
- pausing doesn't actually make it go to a still frame, the screen just goes black

On this player, you will undoubtedly only get a still frame on a CAV (standard play) disc. Most movie discs are CLV (extended play). In addition, the "pause" button may not give a still frame. Without a remote control, you should be able to issue the "still frame" command via RS-232, if you know what the command set is.

The other problems you observe seem to me likely to be due to crosstalk thanks to a mis-adjusted playhead. This will result in attempted playback of two adjacent tracks at once, with obviously distorted results.

Is there any (easy) way to fix that?

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2015, 18:54 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

On this model, with the right tools, probably not too difficult if you've got experience but internals will most likely differ quite a bit from the usual Pioneer players.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2015, 11:22 
Genuinely interested
Genuinely interested

Yeah, I doubt I have the tools/skills for it. I'll just hold out for a while until I can afford/justify buying a better player.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2016, 18:27 
I have an LDP-1500P and the only difference I can think of is that the 1600 has RGB out whereas mine only has composite video. It was part of setup of special interactive discs. Control came via the RS-232 port and video fed to a card where the computer could overlay text. Similar to the Domesday setup, but here the video discs don't contain any data.

I saw 1600s used by a show that the South West Electricity Board ran in the early 90s. They had a bank of 6 players each feeding a Barco video projector. It was quite something. The discs were specially made and were very expensive.

I have the service manuals if you need them.

It should yield a really good picture, but then again these players are knocking on a bit now.

Indeed it will only play PAL analogue Laservision discs which are themselves quite old now. So many of mine are suffering from laser rot :(

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2