It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:58

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Sony MDP-600 Player issue, laser?
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2018, 22:52 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

tasuke wrote:
NOW I'VE GOT A MACHINE GUN. HO. HO. HO. ahhhh, one of the great indisputable modern Christmas classics.

i've had the complete DIE HARD BRD collection for several years now, though only the first two films are worth bothering with, IMO, at least...

I got the first 3 on Laserdisc, including the DTS version disc of die hard 2. Was gonna crank that up.

Im still gonna watch the 1st one here in a bit elsewhere or digital. Def missed out on Black friday deals to start picking up 4k movies they had the 1st die hard on 4k blu ray I def would've snagged.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2018, 22:54 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

rein-o wrote:
bigtanks wrote:
EDIT2: found a service manual got it downloaded. I guess you can short a pin to ground off the board and enter a special menu where you can literally run all sorts of tests and get readout codes back on screen to see whats actually being done in the unit and if it fails or passes. Incredible.

You shouldn't have to strip it down all the way.
But then again it is a Sony.

And this is why I also picked up a cheap copy of Die Hard on DVD to enjoy and keep the Christmas spirit alive :mrgreen:

Ill take a look since I have the service manual now Ill look to see where that pin is to short and that. Itd be something if that works as it does to debug everything but with the holiday and such going on now i just shelved it. Im good to go and dig down now that I found that manual and FOR FREE as well. Some place was charging $5 to download it.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2018, 12:47 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan

I'm still annoyed that they stripped out almost all the bonus features from the Die Hard DVD on the blu-ray.

PostPosted: 19 May 2020, 00:08 
First post
First post

I am a stereo tech looking for a parts-only Sony MDP-600 that at least turns on but possibly has other problems. Or one that works perfectly for a decent price. The one I am working on stays on for about 6 seconds blinking closed - or open - then turns off. Unplugging does not help. So we know a goodly amount of the unit works.

The power supply seems to be producing all the voltages needed, but still no go. If you have something, please contact me asap.

Mr Bob on the internet
San Lorenzo CA

PostPosted: 20 May 2020, 18:01 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

mrbob84 wrote:
I am a stereo tech looking for a parts-only Sony MDP-600 that at least turns on but possibly has other problems. Or one that works perfectly for a decent price. The one I am working on stays on for about 6 seconds blinking closed - or open - then turns off. Unplugging does not help. So we know a goodly amount of the unit works.

The power supply seems to be producing all the voltages needed, but still no go. If you have something, please contact me asap.

Mr Bob on the internet
San Lorenzo CA

Check this video, might be of use for you:

(Edited, please use the youtube phpBB tags)

Apart from the power supply board, there is a power supply section located on the main pcb. So your problem is lying somewhere within these two areas, most likely.

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2