It is currently 18 Jun 2021, 21:26




 Page 2 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2020, 08:00 
Absolute fan
Absolute fan
User avatar

Joined: 01 May 2016, 06:38
Posts: 2046
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 338 times
Been thanked: 219 times
knatterbuechse wrote:
Thanks a lot pbiancardi for the insight and detailed information on those Sony units - genuinely interesting! I've been searching for a working C1 / C2 for years now but haven't had any luck thus far. Still hoping to get my hands on a working unit one fine day...


A worthy rival. En guarde! :evil:
_________________
SONY MDP-355GX, DVDO iscan VP50, SONY KVHR-M36
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2020, 17:14 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 16:35
Posts: 492
Location: United States
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Finally got to test out the Muse capabilities with this player and it does very well (much better than X9). Tested using fully recapped MSC-4000 and the results are outstanding.
_________________
Sony HIL-C2EX w/ AC3
Sony HIL-C1 w/ AC3
Kenwood LVD-Z1
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2020, 19:44 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 19:05
Posts: 7180
Location: Dullaware
Has thanked: 723 times
Been thanked: 492 times
While its great to hear that you can get parts for this player and that it produces a great image
you did have to buy 4 in order to get 1 working, at around 200 each that means its an 800 dollar player not counting shipping.


On another note, I remember back when Duncan was around that he had one and was trying to repair but at the time it was
during his MIA so I never found out if he could actually fix one.

You may be the only HIL-C1 repair pbiancardi.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 03 Jul 2020, 13:44 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 16:35
Posts: 492
Location: United States
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 43 times
rein-o wrote:
While its great to hear that you can get parts for this player and that it produces a great image
you did have to buy 4 in order to get 1 working, at around 200 each that means its an 800 dollar player not counting shipping.


On another note, I remember back when Duncan was around that he had one and was trying to repair but at the time it was
during his MIA so I never found out if he could actually fix one.

You may be the only HIL-C1 repair pbiancardi.


Not quite that much but yes it wasn't a cheap proposition getting here. We do have (2) currently working though, mine and my buddy Bill. Also have another mostly recapped ready to go assuming I can get another working laser so it's not like everything went towards just the one player.
_________________
Sony HIL-C2EX w/ AC3
Sony HIL-C1 w/ AC3
Kenwood LVD-Z1
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2020, 15:56 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2018, 03:18
Posts: 1050
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Nice work on the jig :thumbup:. Here is the official one for reference.


Attachments:
J-6082-059-C.jpg
J-6082-059-C.jpg [ 388.41 KiB | Viewed 574 times ]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2020, 20:11 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post
User avatar

Joined: 07 Apr 2019, 00:41
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
cplusplus wrote:
Nice work on the jig :thumbup:. Here is the official one for reference.

Could you post a picture of the foil side? Thanks.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2020, 23:14 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2018, 03:18
Posts: 1050
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Attached.

Schematics for the board are in one of the MDP service manuals.


Attachments:
J-6082-059-C_Back.jpg
J-6082-059-C_Back.jpg [ 83.7 KiB | Viewed 467 times ]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2021, 15:26 
Third post and above
Third post and above
User avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2021, 15:09
Posts: 3
Location: Hong Kong
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Hi. I am a fan of your HIL-C1 and HIL-C2EX videos. Your videos have encouraged to purchase those machines. Unfortunately, I am now stuck with the laser adjustment problem. May I ask whether you can kindly ask your friend Bill Deleo to build me an MD adjustment cable (J-6082-059-C)? I can pay you and your friend Bill for making and transporting the cable. Please contact me at ho3298@gmail.com. I need your help to fix those machines desperately.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2021, 17:54 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 16:35
Posts: 492
Location: United States
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 43 times
ho3298 wrote:
Hi. I am a fan of your HIL-C1 and HIL-C2EX videos. Your videos have encouraged to purchase those machines. Unfortunately, I am now stuck with the laser adjustment problem. May I ask whether you can kindly ask your friend Bill Deleo to build me an MD adjustment cable (J-6082-059-C)? I can pay you and your friend Bill for making and transporting the cable. Please contact me at ho3298@gmail.com. I need your help to fix those machines desperately.


I answered your PM and sorry its kind of a slippery slope, I want to give my buddy credit for his work but also he doesn't want a bunch of people looking for his help because its just a hobby for him.
_________________
Sony HIL-C2EX w/ AC3
Sony HIL-C1 w/ AC3
Kenwood LVD-Z1
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2021, 00:12 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2018, 03:18
Posts: 1050
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Building the cable is easier than adjusting the player. Reference schematics posted partway down here: My Panasonic LX-HD20 / Sony HIL-C2EX Information
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2021, 12:06 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 16:35
Posts: 492
Location: United States
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 43 times
cplusplus wrote:
Building the cable is easier than adjusting the player. Reference schematics posted partway down here: My Panasonic LX-HD20 / Sony HIL-C2EX Information


That post gives everything I know. Before my buddy figured it out I just had to wing it, not much more advice I can give other than winging it takes weeks lol.
_________________
Sony HIL-C2EX w/ AC3
Sony HIL-C1 w/ AC3
Kenwood LVD-Z1
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2021, 23:15 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2018, 03:18
Posts: 1050
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 308 times
I just received one of these for repair. The surface mount caps on the pickup itself have leaked.

Can someone check one of their dead ones and see if they are leaking as well?


Attachments:
KHS-140A_1.jpg
KHS-140A_1.jpg [ 241.44 KiB | Viewed 247 times ]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2021, 14:00 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post
User avatar

Joined: 06 Oct 2020, 12:08
Posts: 9
Location: Ireland (Republic of)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Reply to ho3298

I have a new laser installed and calibrated my Hil-C2 successfully(NTSC and MUSE disc playback) with out scope(try and test). It took me around 5 hours.
After I replaced the dead laser it recognize the disc and play.
Could you confirm your laser is working? If the laser is working it is not very difficult to tune.
Could you advise where did you get your new laser?
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2021, 18:20 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 16:35
Posts: 492
Location: United States
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 43 times
cplusplus wrote:
I just received one of these for repair. The surface mount caps on the pickup itself have leaked.

Can someone check one of their dead ones and see if they are leaking as well?


Are you on FB? My buddy fixed three of these dead lasers, there are cap issues and I think he cleaned the lenses also. He was able to fix lasers we previously thought were dead.
_________________
Sony HIL-C2EX w/ AC3
Sony HIL-C1 w/ AC3
Kenwood LVD-Z1
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2021, 04:06 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2018, 03:18
Posts: 1050
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Not on FB.

That is both good news and bad on the pickups then: They are repairable, but time is of the essence if they have not been recapped.

I'll be pulling it and ordering replacement caps. I think repairing the corrosion will be the hard part though.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 02 May 2021, 14:43 
True fan
True fan
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2015, 16:35
Posts: 492
Location: United States
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 43 times
cplusplus wrote:
Not on FB.

That is both good news and bad on the pickups then: They are repairable, but time is of the essence if they have not been recapped.

I'll be pulling it and ordering replacement caps. I think repairing the corrosion will be the hard part though.


I think my buddy also removed the lens and cleaned it (there is some sort of "cover" that gets cloudy, way beyond my skillset.
_________________
Sony HIL-C2EX w/ AC3
Sony HIL-C1 w/ AC3
Kenwood LVD-Z1
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Work in Progress / Look Inside Sony HIL-C1
PostPosted: 02 May 2021, 21:10 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan
User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2018, 03:18
Posts: 1050
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Thanks, I will give it a go and report back.
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron