It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:49

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Japanese Sony MDP-K1 Help
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2020, 23:21 
Third post and above
Third post and above

So I am not a repair guy, I know absolutely nothing about that stuff, but I have Japanese Sony MDP-K1 that powers on, but doesn't do anything else. I opened it up when I got it a while ago and managed to get the tray to open and a few other functions, but the disc wouldn't spin, the laser looks like it still works since I saw it on, but since I couldn't get it to work I packed it up in it's box and haven't touched it since. I absolutely LOVE the look of this player and would love to see it working. I downloaded the service manual and I'm willing to ship it and pay for repairs, or any other advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Post subject: Re: Japanese Sony MDP-K1 Help
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2020, 02:39 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

Welcome to the forum.

If the tray did not open on its own, it probably needs a new belt. Looking at the service manual, it looks like it is responsible for raising and lowering the optical pickup as well, so if you are lucky it could just be a belt replacement.

The service manual says it is part 3-513-066-xx
Looking at the belt cross reference document uploaded here, the belt is a SCX4.9

Post subject: Re: Japanese Sony MDP-K1 Help
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2020, 22:46 
Third post and above
Third post and above

cplusplus wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

If the tray did not open on its own, it probably needs a new belt. Looking at the service manual, it looks like it is responsible for raising and lowering the optical pickup as well, so if you are lucky it could just be a belt replacement.

The service manual says it is part 3-513-066-xx
Looking at the belt cross reference document uploaded here, the belt is a SCX4.9

Wow, thank you very much for such a detailed answer! I'll defenitely look into getting a new belt, hope that does the trick!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]