It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:29

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [CDV-W901] Drawer problems
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2013, 00:31 
Bought a Yamaha CDV-W901 (D604 clone) on e bay for parts and decided to fix it. Drawer would not open (E3 error) so as I suspected M holder was broken. Replaced it and now runs smoothly. When I power up the machine the laser assembly seems to “stutter” about an inch before it reaches the spindle , then throws an E3 error. I can manipulate the laser assembly to move by using the worm gear. It can move right up to the spindle or however far back I want it to go very smoothly. No obstructions anywhere. Wherever I try to start it from, it still “stutters” at the same place. This of course does not let the assembly move to where it should rest and start the loading procedure. If I hit the CD or LD button, open will show until the stuttering stops. The same with close, but no movement on the drawer. Any thoughts???

Post subject: Re: Yamaha CDV-W901 drawer problems
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2013, 02:52 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

There is a microswitch on the bottom of the mechanical assembly, it could be bad. It could be the CD/LD tray change arm hitting the pickup.

Post subject: Re: Yamaha CDV-W901 drawer problems  Topic is solved
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2013, 19:47 
Kurtis.

It can't be the CD/LD change arm hitting anything. I currently have the drawer out, but it acts the same way in. Is the microswitch hard to install? Would you have a spare one to sell if needed?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]