It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:43

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: [LX-1000] Tray jerky opening and closing
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2020, 18:32 
Third post and above
Third post and above

hello I have Two lx-1000 with same problem, : tray opens and closes in a very jerky motion cog belt looks good, with belt off, tray moves easily by hand, tray motor looks like it is moving in a jerking motion I cannot find any binding, both players do the same thing can any one help me in the right direction????????

Post subject: Re: prism lx-1000 tray jerky opening and closing
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2020, 18:57 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

You're going to have to post a video.

Reminds me of another poster who was saying the tray was coming out too fast and was timing it with a stop watch but it was fine.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2020, 20:17 
Third post and above
Third post and above

having problem shooting video. it can take up to a min to open tray it stop and goes about a 1/4 of inch at a time with a jerking motion, most of the time I have to press the open tray button several times to get the tray half way out then it will retract back into the player jerking a quarter of a inch at a time, checked belt cogs, they look fine the pully, on the motor cogs look fine no slipping, I took belt off and tray moves easy by hand almost look's like the motor is pulsing with the belt on ??????????? what are the chances of two players doing the same thing they both worked fine the slowly the problem started one player at a time till they are both almost unusable

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2020, 22:11 
Third post and above
Third post and above

found that power to the motor is pulsing with volt meter attached any ideas?????

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2020, 22:28 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I'm no tech, my guess is that its capacitors, but its a prism and I think based on the Panasonic player and not much knowledge here for them.

Hopefully others can chime in.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2020, 23:28 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

awilkas wrote:
found that power to the motor is pulsing with volt meter attached any ideas?????

I think I heard about this issue on tripletopper's LX-200 but I think we never found the solution @ the end.

Anyway, if it's easy to follow, you can trace back where the motor connects and see if it goes back to whatever is powering the motor (usually a transistor of some sort or maybe caps that fall inline w/ the motor).

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2020, 23:40 
True fan
True fan

I had a CD player with a dirty contact switch that was causing jerky operation of the tray. Sprayed it with contact cleaner, flicked the switch a few times and it hasnt had an issue since.

Maybe the belt has just lost torque?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2020, 00:15 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

ldfan wrote:
awilkas wrote:

I think I heard about this issue on tripletopper's LX-200 but I think we never found the solution @ the end.

Anyway, if it's easy to follow, you can trace back where the motor connects and see if it goes back to whatever is powering the motor (usually a transistor of some sort or maybe caps that fall inline w/ the motor).

Yeah, didn't want to mention the topper, but he was the one that comes to mind when testing tray opening with a stopwatch....

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2020, 21:54 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

What may be the cause when the door hinges and needs a slight friendly push for the tray to complete the loading cycle? I have two Panasonic players (LX-1000u) that exhibit the same problem, but once in a while they close by themself. I went for the service manual but I didn't get any smarter what may be causing this, but can it be the loading belt (VDV022) for the tray that needs replacing? I cannot find a compatible belt in the PDF provided by Kurtis.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2020, 23:40 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

laserpaal wrote:
What may be the cause when the door hinges and needs a slight friendly push for the tray to complete the loading cycle? I have two Panasonic players (LX-1000u) that exhibit the same problem, but once in a while they close by themself. I went for the service manual but I didn't get any smarter what may be causing this, but can it be the loading belt (VDV022) for the tray that needs replacing? I cannot find a compatible belt in the PDF provided by Kurtis.

If the issue is just the door being held up (nothing to really do with the tray movement), this was actually a known issue back in the day when the machine was new.

Panasonic found the problem to be the door needing a minor shave down where it basically had some trouble clearing the tray. You should look @ this carefully to see where the hang up occurs, mark off the section, remove the door, and then use maybe a file or sanding device to shave it down (but not too much where it might deface what the door looks like from the front).

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2020, 18:25 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

ldfan wrote:
laserpaal wrote:

If the issue is just the door being held up (nothing to really do with the tray movement), this was actually a known issue back in the day when the machine was new.

Panasonic found the problem to be the door needing a minor shave down where it basically had some trouble clearing the tray. You should look @ this carefully to see where the hang up occurs, mark off the section, remove the door, and then use maybe a file or sanding device to shave it down (but not too much where it might deface what the door looks like from the front).

Thanks for the idea of a possible fix, interesting to hear that Panasonic found a solution for the known issue. It doesn't bother me that much, but I might give it a try if it gets more stubborn and/or stuck.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]