It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:30

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [LX-900] Side Change Still Image
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2022, 19:29 
Serious fan
Serious fan

I have a Panasonic LX-900 that when it flips to side 2/B it displays a still freeze-frame image taken from the moment before the end of the disc instead of a black screen like on most Pioneer players.

I can't seem to find a way to change this and I absolutely hate the still image and would much prefer it was a black screen.

I think I did have one Pioneer that displayed a still image and it was defeated by turning off the front panel display called Theater Mode. That is not the case with the Panasonic.

This happens when it normally changes sides at the end of a disc or when I it the button to flip manually.

Side note: I also have a Panasonic LX-600 that does not do this and at the side change the screen goes to black. I'm 99% sure this is due to the lack of the CLV frame buffer that the 900 implements for "trick" CLV playback.

I've read the manual and I have the remote...If anyone has a definitive answer please help me out.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Panasonic LX-900 Side Change Still Image
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2022, 00:16 
True fan
True fan

My LX-900 does this too and I don't believe there's a way to switch it to what the LX-h670 or Lx-600 does. LX-900 is a higher end player and I guess they were trying to show off it's capabilities back in the day with the still image. The still images shakes for me on lcd/flat screen tvs but I'd imagine on cry tv's it might stay still.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2022, 02:09 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

All "digital field memory" players that are dual side play are designed to capture an image just before the side change to simply put something on the screen instead of the common blue or black screen on non-field memory players.

The feature is defeatable on Pioneer models with "film mode" that will just leave a black screen between side changes and I think Pioneer only implemented them from the CLD-D701 and later (CLD-59/79/99 or later on the Elite line-up). I guess people might have complained about not having the option to defeat the frame capture so that might be one reason why it was added but I think it was really implemented to speed up side changes since that was considered a big thing back in the day.

So for the LX-900, if you can't find a button to do what you want, then it doesn't offer the option.

Last edited by ldfan on 19 Jun 2022, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2022, 15:03 
Serious fan
Serious fan

BALLS!

I was hoping this wasn't the case....

Then maybe it is settled, I'll be using the LX-600 instead of the 900 for actual movies watching.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]