It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:09

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can my LX-H670 be repaired to work like it was New or Not?
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2023, 20:44 
True fan
True fan

So about 75 percent of my collection of close to 200 laserdiscs if not more play perfectly fine in the player. However some laserdiscs do not but what I notice is that if I manually flip the disc that sometimes it decreases or gets rid of most of the video and audio distortion/feedback. Why would that be? I also tried cleaning the laser part just incase something was dirty on it but it still doesn't explain why most laserdiscs play fine and others do not. This player has been a headache to me. The picture quality on an LX-h670 isn't bad for a middle of the road player but the annoyance of most discs playing fine but others not bothers me. Most of the time I'm using my lx-900 revision 1995 when I watch movies with my father because that player doesn't have weird issues like this. So the majority of the time this player has no problems playing laserdiscs. What is causing it to have issues with certain laserdiscs? Would those laserdiscs have a slight warp or maybe too many scratches? If that was the case then why does flipping the disc manually help it read the video and audio better? I believe I asked this question on here before but not sure I got a proper answer because I don't think people know what's going on with this weird laserdisc player of mine. Whether it's just not aligned properly or so on but I don't understand why it has issues with some laserdiscs but most laserdiscs it players without any issues.

Post subject: Re: Can my LX-H670 be repaired to work like it was New or No
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2023, 21:06 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

From what I have heard and read there are dip switches to adjust the Panasonic players, and they were only made for a few years
there aren't any techs or people who really know the INs and OUTs of these players.

I would say don't bother, I think I own only 1 disc that is very poorly rotted and will only play about 80% of both sides in one of the
4 players I own, I would love to see if I can get another copy but its a rare anime and from the others who have in their collections all
have rot.

Post subject: Re: Can my LX-H670 be repaired to work like it was New or No
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2023, 19:52 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

jesuslovesgood wrote:
This player has been a headache to me.

I thought you said Panasonic players were the best? I guess I'll demerit another point for Panasonic :roll:.

jesuslovesgood wrote:
If that was the case then why does flipping the disc manually help it read the video and audio better? I believe I asked this question on here before but not sure I got a proper answer because I don't think people know what's going on with this weird laserdisc player of mine.

In all the times you mentioned this issue, I don't recall you ever mentioning that the issue is only when the laser is on the B side. Can you confirm that is exactly what you mean? Because that does make a difference if you left that out in the past. Also, how well or not does the H670 play CD’s?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]