It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:43

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: [LX-900] Not working
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2016, 22:52 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

I just got a Panasonic LX-900 and it does not appear to be working properly. When turned on all the machine does is display the word "Close". There is no mechanical movement inside, non of the buttons do anything aside from the open button which promptly changes the word from "Close" to "Open" with again, no internal workings. The words are also displayed on the tv.

Post subject: Re: Panasonic LX-900 not working
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 03:41 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Was the player cold when you tried it? I've had players act up when stored in a cold basement for a while. They eventually start working. Just the first thing that came to my mind and then saw that you're from Canada and it's January :D

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 04:50 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

More than likely as it was sent here by the post, but it has been sitting dormant for about 5 hours now and still acts the same way.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 17:20 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Try manually ejecting the tray and look/listen for problems. Once it's fully out, turn the player on and press close. See if it will complete the load cycle. See here for instructions to manually eject the tray: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ItHI ... sp=sharing

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2016, 06:59 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

It does not complete the load cycle

Edit: After messing with the manual eject, when I turned the machine off again, it finished the load cycle. As of now when started it will display the time 00:00:00 for a second and then switch to the word "Close", which can be toggled by the eject button with "open" (it no longer is on close permanently). The discs wont actually load as the eject button does not open the tray still, and when turning the machine off with a disc inside, it sets the disc to the "neutral" position and adjusts the laser. (It used to never turn off and didn't do anything). So there HAS been some progress!

Post subject: Re: [LX-900] Not working
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 05:44 
Knows how to post
Knows how to post

So here I am, breaking out my old LD player that I could never get working, and looking up old forum posts to try and fix it again. I stumble upon this one which is exactly the problem I was having. After messing around with the machine for an hour, I finally got it to the state mentioned above, the door arm was jammed and I had to tap it with a hammer for it to open. Then I zoom in on my phone to message the person from the post to see if they ever fixed theirs and I'm faced with the harsh reality that this is my post from 4 years ago.

Oh well, for anyone interested, machine still doesn't work lol and I am.open to ideas.

Post subject: Re: [LX-900] Not working
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 13:25 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Sorry to hear, I know the 900 are liked by some, if you can get it working its a nice player.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]