It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:11

Page 2 of 7 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is there a complete LD PLAYER LIST? If not let's make on
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017, 14:47 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Have updated again my LD player list (see top post).

In the moment I am writing the extended version of my LD player list with some technical information added, but there are still many models about which I do not know anything. :(
Because the extended list - even in text format - is now already much too large for a posting (where the limit is 20000 chars) I will produce my new list as a file and attach it to one of my next postings ...

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017, 17:10 
Hardcore fan
Hardcore fan

allgaeuer wrote:
Have updated again my LD player list (see top post).

In the moment I am writing the extended version of my LD player list with some technical information added, but there are still many models about which I do not know anything. :(
Because the extended list - even in text format - is now already much too large for a posting (where the limit is 20000 chars) I will produce my new list as a file and attach it to one of my next postings ...

Thanks, very helpful indeed.

Regards :thumbup: .

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 04:38 
Third post and above
Third post and above

On the subject of rebadged, in the text about the player maybe mention the true manfacturer but keep the listings separate. Check out the CED Magic website for a great way to show the technical details of every machine.

And thanks for the list. I've been wanting an RCA LD player but didn't know the model numbers.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017, 20:43 
Honest fan
Honest fan

@dmbjunky:

I have checked the CED magic website and find it very nicely done. It shows even a picture to every player model ...
However that website has to deal with 39 CED player models, in the case of LD players I have to deal with around 800 models, this multiplies the work load substantially ... :crazy:

Also I have ideas how to produce a nice and comprehensive list with photos, data etc. about each player, but before I can start with that huge task I have to concentrate on getting my list complete or at least close to complete. One step after the other.

@all:

The Extended LD Player List is intended to give a quick technical overview about all models - so I have developed a kind of "shorthand" to be able to put all relevant information about a player into one single line of this table.

I hope that others will help a little by controlling my list and checking whether the info about their own players is correctly represented in my table.
Here I show one sample line, the one about the Pioneer CLD-D925:

CLD-D925 1996 PAL/NTSC LD/LDS/CDV/CD/CDS E out:adOCA/cS, dts, 2p, mem, 6.8kg

After the model name and the year of its release (market introduction) follow the video systems supported and the types of discs it can play back. The E signifies that it was sold in Europe (thus supporting a mains current of 230V/50Hz), and the disc types that can be played on this model. After that follows my specific shorthand for the connectors resp. types of signals available on that player - it starts with "out:" followed by letters for sound output, then a slash "/" and then letters for the video output. The available connectors resp. signals in this model are:
a = analog stereo output (from analog tracks),
d = analog stereo output (from the digital PCM tracks),
O = digital optical output,
C = digital coaxial output,
A = digital RF-modulated AC-3 (DD5.1) output,
c = analog composite video output,
S = analog S-video output,

For models that have also input sockets (for microphone, aux, etc.) there is also an "in-clause" similar to the "out-clause". After the connectors follow the features of a model, i.e. in this case:
dts = DTS-output is possible via O or C,
2p = 2-side playback,
mem = digital frame memory (for still frame on CLV discs),
6.8kg = weight of the player.

I have added the explanation of the possible letters to the end of my extended list. If something is not clear to you, please ask me.
And now I will try to attach my preliminary extended list (LDplayer-list-proto.pdf) as a PDF file for download to my top post.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017, 18:59 
Honest fan
Honest fan

My first trial: uploading my 15 pages PDF file has failed - it ended with the explicit hint that the file extension PDF is not accepted ... ! But why ?

My second trial: uploading the first page of my PDF file as a graphic PNG file has failed too - it did not show an error message or something but just kept "loading" endlessly ...

My third trial: just uploading the same first page again (again as PNG file, size 132 KB). Actually this time it did work (see below) - don't ask me why now and not before?

And now my fourth trial: to add here one more PNG file (size 126 KB, page 2 of my 15 pages document) to my post. This did not work what is funny, because the user interface here tells me "If you want to attach one or more files enter the details below", but when I tried now to upload one more PNG file of similar size I got the message "Cannot add another attachment, 1 is the maximum" ... :shock:

I hope somebody can explain me what this is all about ... or whether other file types would do better ?? :?:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New edit: Now I have here deleted the trial attachment (Page 1 of my old LD Player List):
Though there are now more entries in the list than before, I have downsized my player list to 12 pages by using narrower spacing between the lines,
and I have succeeded to post all 12 pages in my new thread: "The Extended LD Player List" - please look there.

Last edited by allgaeuer on 27 Apr 2017, 03:30, edited 2 times in total. _________________
My LD players: Pioneer LD-S1, CLD-D925, DVL-919

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017, 19:00 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Very nice.
Thanks,

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017, 19:47 
Honest fan
Honest fan

@rein-o:
Quote:
Very nice.

I do not understand. :? Do you think it is nice that I cannot upload my LD player list? :?:

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017, 19:50 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

No, From what I see that you have posted it looks nice.
It is partial but it looks very nice.
And thanks for doing such work, it is hard and since you aren't getting paid for it I wanted to thank you.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017, 21:35 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

Why not check with Julian on the best approach :
Post a sticky with your files, or
Integration into lddb.com website (would love this)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 03:04 
Honest fan
Honest fan

I think that my extended LD player list is still much too fragmentary to make it a kind of "official list" - it is just only a beginning. If it becomes a part of the normal LDDb, a lot of people will read it, but nobody would contribute any more to complete it, hoping for others to do it.

I am thinking that if this list is handled here inside the forum, where actively contributing people are assembled, it should be much easier to get help from someone who is able and willed to contribute a little to this list, in order to fill some information gaps.

So for the moment I will post here the pages of my list one by one in separate posts, because the attachment limit seems to be 1 ...

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 03:32 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Here comes page 2 of my "extended LD player list" with players from Hitachi, Kenwood, Luxman, Marantz and Matrox,
the first player on this page is Hitachi HLD-1000, the last one is Matrox E-VDP/MSNI.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New edit: Now I have here deleted the trial attachment (Page 2 of my old LD Player List):
Though there are now more entries in the list than before, I have downsized my player list to 12 pages by using narrower spacing between the lines,
and I have succeeded to post all 12 pages in my new thread: "The Extended LD Player List" - please look there.

Last edited by allgaeuer on 27 Apr 2017, 03:32, edited 2 times in total. _________________

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 03:37 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Here comes page 3 of my "extended LD player list" with players from MCA DiscoVision, McIntosh, Mitsubishi, MSB, NAD Electronics, NEC Home Entertainment, Nihon Columbia, Nihon Marantz, ODC Nimbus, Onkyo,
the first player on this page is MCA DiscoVision PR-7820, the last one is Onkyo DX-V370.

New edit: Now I have here deleted the trial attachment (Page 3 of my old LD Player List):

Last edited by allgaeuer on 27 Apr 2017, 03:34, edited 2 times in total. _________________

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 03:41 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Here comes page 4 of my "extended LD player list" with players from Onkyo, Panasonic, and Philips,
the first player on this page is Onkyo DX-V500, the last one is Philips VP830.

New edit: Now I have here deleted the trial attachment (Page 4 of my old LD Player List):

Last edited by allgaeuer on 27 Apr 2017, 03:34, edited 1 time in total. _________________

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 03:43 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Here comes page 5 of my "extended LD player list" with players from Philips, Philips Magnavox, and Pioneer,
the first player on this page is Philips VP835, the last one is Pioneer CLD-2090.

New edit: Now I have here deleted the trial attachment (Page 5 of my old LD Player List):

Last edited by allgaeuer on 27 Apr 2017, 03:35, edited 1 time in total. _________________

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2017, 03:46 
Honest fan
Honest fan

Here comes page 6 of my "extended LD player list" with players from Pioneer,
the first player on this page is Pioneer CLD-210KVT, the last one is Pioneer CLD-990.

Here I found another limit: the attachment is not allowed to be over 150 KB, however my pages are up to 159 KB ... please wait a little and stay tuned , I have to redo my files to fit into these limitations.

New edit:

Last edited by allgaeuer on 27 Apr 2017, 03:39, edited 1 time in total. _________________

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 09:32 
Advanced fan
Advanced fan

I don't see any "GRUNDIG" players in your list.
They are likely originally PHILIPS PAL only units, so maybe they are already listed there but I cannot find them.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 16:13 
Young Padawan
Young Padawan

We will add my frankenstein player to that list soon

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 16:18 
Honest fan
Honest fan

@lons_vex:
Can you please name one or several Grundig laserdisc players, I have never heard of them and I cannot find any information about them.

@substance:
Is this a joke? A Frankenstein player? Or did you manage to combine several dead players to a living one?? :?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 22:42 
True fan
True fan

Thx alot for all your work here. i wonder, isn´t it possible to include this list somehow into the LDDB ? Maybe like adding the Players into a list, just like the LaserDiscs?

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2017, 04:39 
Honest fan
Honest fan

@exinferis:

This is a question for Julien.

However the primary aim of the LDDb is to be a marketplace and I am not sure whether Julien wants to get involved in the trade of LD players.

Also, some years ago Julien started already such a prototype list about LD players in the LDDb, it covered only a few hundred players and it did not offer much of the essential information like which connectors it has got, which signals are available from this player, which features the player does support.
As far as I remember there were fields for the size and weight and a few more which I consider mere marketing talk like how many dB it has got here and there. The latter values are claimed by the marketing units of different companies and are therefore not comparable - some companies embellish their values more than others and no ordinary user can check it. Then, after a while this list suddenly disappeared again from LDDb.

My opinion is that as long as this list is still in an incomplete state, it should stay within the forum pages. Hopefully I will get here some help from you all to complete it, but first I have to find the best way of showing my list to you in order that you can see where there are still gaps in my knowledge.

By the way, the list that I am editing right now mentions already 863 player and recorder models ... and still no end in sight.

Page 2 of 7 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next